Used 2007 Honda Civic LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Look for something better
By seang

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Decent car but not worth the $. Poor radio, poor ride quality and extremely loud interior. I'm 6'-2" and fit comfortable in car. Ergonomics are good but the position of the e brake is bad and uncomfortable on leg. Good thing is I got 33 mpg average. On long highway rides, almost 38 mpg. I got sick of the road noise and harsh ride and traded this car in. You can get more car for the money. I traded mine in for a Legacy. For $2K more, you get all wheel drive, awesome radio, awesome ride.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy and ergonomics of inside car. Loved the small steering wheel and heads up display. Very modern interior.

Suggested Improvements

Insulation from outside noise. Better ride quality. Few more horses.

Good buy for under 20K
By DRE

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Got a new ’07 LX manual for under 17k. Great vehicle. I get a "true" 37mpg just about all the time (~70% hwy) except for in the winter. While I wouldn’t call it powerful, it does show oomph if revved high enough (if you have the manual). Corners well enough for an economy car though back end tends to slide out early. Only 4 complaints. The ABS seems to kick in prematurely when doing moderate braking. I had to get both sun visors replaced at about 16k miles. They were both coming apart and would eventually not even go up. Shocks/suspension makes noises when car is very cold (after a few miles it goes away). And as most Civic owners already know, it’s not the quietest ride.

Favorite Features

High revving engine; decent cornering; great fuel economy for a non-hybrid; reliable as snot.

Suggested Improvements

Could use better interior components such as visor/center console pieces; dash scratches easily; all models could benefit from intermittent speed selector for wipers (come on guys!).

Impulse buy but still smart!
By HItoCA

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was on my way to Costco for milk when I saw this car, test drove it, and bought it on impulse, it replaced a 2004 Scion xB. I love the ext/int styling but wish the trunk was a lil bigger for boxes. love the interior, however, beige gets dirty so easily. Great Handling, Amazing brakes, awesome stereo, love the aux input. I wish i would've opted for the updated pkg with nav/bluetooth/trunk opener/sun roof. One thing, I get a weird rattling from my trunk, and my front left brake had a piece melt off of it, but it was replaced/fixed instantly by Honda no questions asked. Great purchase and I can't wait for the 2010 Honda Insight Hybrid! I average about 475 Miles per tank

Favorite Features

The cute things the car does like light up the dash when you insert the key, or activate the daytime running lights when you release the parking brake. I also love how when you stop the car, and turn the key to off the interior light softly glows. I love the accident anticipation feature!

Suggested Improvements

At least put in 6 speakers for LX edition. Opt for the EX package, worth the money. I customized with 17" wheels with no sacrifice in MPG. Get dark interior so difficult to keep beige clean

Some pluses, some minuses
By perlster

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I think it's the best looking car out there. The ride is smooth and comfortable. It has enough get up and go for my needs. I'm disappointed that I've never gotten anywhere near 40 MPG. The door panels are prone to scratches. The driver's side window failed after about six months. Otherwise, no mechanical problems. Incredibly, the owner's manual has no information on the location of or procedure to change the "air cleaner element" (filter).

Favorite Features

Outside styling speedometer location and display size CD playback is good security system (despite a few false alarms) wide range of adjustment of front seats cruise control (although I wish I had more opportunity to use it).

Suggested Improvements

Side mirrors heated and foldable from inside the car, honest MPG listing, bluetooth, remote-operated trunk.

Most stylish compact car
By luvmyhonda

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car and I can personally vouch for the safety ratings. A month after I bought this car, I was in a head on collision. My daughter and husband were in the car and we walked away without a scratch. This car handles well, has lots of storage space and I get 33 mpg (combo of city and hwy). Not to mention, it looks better than the Corolla, Sentra, and Mazda 3. Honda's last forever and for the price, you can't find a better deal. Not to mention, the resale is better than any other.

Favorite Features

MPG and storage space

Suggested Improvements

More leg room in the back seat. Make an arm rest standard in the back seat.