Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My first bad car.
By Robert

2007 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car rides good but way to many features going bad early. Have replaced the visors 3 times now, replaced the starter at 70 miles and the cost was over $500, replaced both front speakers, the interior ceiling cloth has come lose and is hanging down completely now, very loud road noise when traveling. I wish I had purchased another car now. I'm sorry to say but this will be my last Honda, their quality is no longer their..

bad paint
By Jessica Jarvis

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

i love the way the car runs, very reliable. research the paint color you are buying because there are some that have had problems cracking. Nighthawk black pearl is the color of my car and the hood and front bumpers look aweful. They are cracked more than any car that i have seen this age, and i have taken good care of the car. interior is decent. exterior gets 0 stars, the paint stinks.

Quite possibly the best car I've ever owned.
By the_fuse75

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car in July of 2014. It has been almost a year and I couldn't be happier at this point. It has survived a fairly cold Minnesota winter, and handled well in the snow. Have observed 23-24 mi/gal locally, but don't really have that long of a commute. On the highway however, we've observed 38-40 mi/gal. Very happy with that performance. Love the styling both inside and out, if you're looking for a reliable, affordable ride, I highly recommend this car.

Love the styling inside and out. Very comfortable seats, plenty of trunk room, it's a little tight in the back seat for our 1 and 4 year old's car seats but hey, we're a family on a budget, we have to give up something somewhere.

WISH I DIDN'T TOTAL IT
By kaebuena96_

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car was passed down to me from my dad and my brother. When I got it it already had 150K miles and when I got it was the first time the check engine light has ever came on and the only issue was my coolant level which was an easy fix. Loved this car so much and was so devastated when I totaled it running into a pole. It was totalled because of frame damage. Thankfully I was okay but my car was done for. Great commuter car and would have to fill up every two weeks. GAS IS AMAZING. GREAT FIRST CAR I LOVE IT.

Engine Block Cracks in cold weather
By airb

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We had negative temperatures this winter. After that my car was losing antifreeze, but couldn't find were it was going. After a few weeks we found out Honda has a "secret warranty" on the engine block cracking in cold weather in Honda Civics from 06-09 and maybe even 2010. That's what happened to my civic. Honda should pay for this if that's what's wrong. Honda make us jump through hoops to have them fix it. They still didn't fix it, and charged us $700 for just looking at it. Now, we are still fighting to get our money back. This is the biggest part of the engine. Antifreeze went in our oil and messed our engine up and had to buy another engine.

The gas mileage. Best we ever got was 48mpg.

Honda corporate office, and Bill Gatton Honda needs to be less greedy. They need to help their costumers more. Also, they need to make better quality cars.