Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2007 civic LX (1.8 automatic)
By John

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just like the other 4 Hondas we have had in the family, 150,000 miles and just got her broke in. Just routine maintenance over the years. Now it's time for another one of the kids to inherit as we jump to the 2016 model. Coundn't ask for a better, more reliable car. 42 MPG on the highway, 35 around town. Socal driving at 35 MPG...come on...great car...not tradin' this one in!

Horrible car, Horrible deal.
By Apollo Kabukuru

2007 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

My 2007 had the engine crack issue. Dealer and Honda wont replace it. They want to charge me $4200 dollars. If you are thinking about it, please don't do it. Don't buy any Civic from 2006 to 2009./

Do the research before buying
By Christian

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car. Bought it all on my own and was fairly proud of it. But right after buying it, things started going down hill. Bought it in December, and whenever it is very cold, the engine makes this rattling sound. It is the most irritating thing on the planet. Makes me feel like I bought a junker. It makes this puttering sound too when every you turn the wheels when it's cold too. Asked my dad about this problem and he said maybe the heat shields are faulty. Looked it up and saw other people are have the same problem. Then my motor mounts completely broke. Bought a warranty with the car, so that took care of it, but I was without a car for a week. This car cannot idle properly. This thing will idle at less than about 850rpm, and then slowly drift down to 500rpm. It makes the entire car shake. It will do this ALL the time. I just turn the steering wheel to make it rev up a little bit. Then recently my engine block cracked. I read reviews saying this happened to cars, but of course I had the attitude that it wouldn't happen to me. Sure enough, the engine block cracked and leaked all of my coolant. And an important note, if you car smells like maple syrup PAY ATTENTION TO IT AND CHECK YOU ENGINE COOLANT!!!! My car reeked of it days before this happened and couldn't figure out why. Sure enough it was my engine coolant. Fortunately Honda replaced it for free. It was still under the extended warranty they were forced to give. Hopefully this will help out some people. This could be a decent car for some, but having to do these types of repairs on a car whose brand is recognized for excellent quality is a little ridiculous. My parents have owned other Hondas, and those cars refused to die or get repaired. Maybe this model and year was just a hiccup for Honda. Just hoping this will be the last of major repairs. If not I'm either selling it or sending it to a scrap yard. Other than these complaints it drives well, and gets great mileage. Was getting 35mpg+ on the highway. I love the sunroof and the navigation is kind of nice when I need it. And I can fit in it comfortably (I'm 6'3), just no one can sit comfortable behind me. Just be aware of these problems before you buy it.

Avoid 2007
By BV

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Tire wear is terrible because of a defective Rear Upper Control Arm. Honda did not do a recall but there was a class action suit forcing Honda to replace the defective parts and reimburse customers for premature tire wear. Unfortunately for me, I did not find out until after the expiration of the settlement which was January 16, 2014. That is after I spent more than $2,000 for new tires, struts, shocks, alignments, etc., trying to fix the problem. 2006 through 2009 models have extended warranties related to another serious issue where coolant leaks and can cause engine block damage and complete engine failure. The seats are wearing out much faster than any car I have ever owned and I am average size and the car only has 80,000 miles on it.

Great, dependable car
By Brandon

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2007 Civic with 80k miles in 2012. I just traded it in with 126k miles, for a brand new Civic. I bought a new one because I didn't want to take a chance at having any mechanical issues down the road. However, while owning my '07 Civic I never had any unusual or unexpected repairs, besides my starter going out at 110k. It was a great car, no complaints.