2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Engine Block Cracks in cold weather
By airb on 04/08/14 08:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We had negative temperatures this winter. After that my car was losing antifreeze, but couldn't find were it was going. After a few weeks we found out Honda has a "secret warranty" on the engine block cracking in cold weather in Honda Civics from 06-09 and maybe even 2010. That's what happened to my civic. Honda should pay for this if that's what's wrong. Honda make us jump through hoops to have them fix it. They still didn't fix it, and charged us $700 for just looking at it. Now, we are still fighting to get our money back. This is the biggest part of the engine. Antifreeze went in our oil and messed our engine up and had to buy another engine.

1st honda and love it!
By sticks4 on 09/08/13 16:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

First honda, bought it used. A little hesitant with 90,000 miles, but after talking to honda mechanics they said its a baby. Love the ride, the handling, the great gas mileage. I'm a big guy, driving it till my daughter gets her license. Then I may step and get a accord for my self. The day after buying the civic, I bought my my wife the honda crv! Another great vehicle, I LOVE honda.

Pretty pleased except for ....
By peter_peter on 01/09/13 12:00 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am very pleased with this car, except for as many consumers have already posted is the tire wear and the road noise. I do experience some transmission shaking when I am driving from a complete stop. This happens right around 15-22 mph. But if you step on the gas it isn't noticeable. The MPG is great, I drive rather mello to max out my MPG's and I am getting low 30's consistently (30-34). The sun visor seems to break right at the hinge (2x), but over all this car has been good to me.

Good car but other than few recall issues
By jay4414 on 10/21/12 21:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought it new from the dealer and there is a water boiling sound from the engine and dealer wont do shit even though there is recall on same issue with other year. Gas mileage and the seating comfort is very poor. Trans shutters in from 1st to 2nd if you press the pedel slow. Overall I like it but I do not buy another Honda due to their dont care customer service attitude.

168,000 km (104,000 miles)
By vtwins on 04/29/12 20:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had the car almost 5 years. Most recent mileage of 60/40 hwy city with a heavy foot netted the equivalent of 30 mpg or 7.72 L/100km. Not bad. Yes, there were two recalls during my warranty period and one warranty work. No big deal. I just brought it in during my oil changes at the beginning. Now I do all the fluid changes myself. Worries. One touch up stops about an inch from the top and comes back down. That was the warranty work. Just after the warranty it stopped again so I just hold the up button. Other concern is the transmission. At 25km accelerating slowly, there is a shutter. If I accelerate quickly, there is no shutter. Yes, I've been changing the transmission fluid. We'll see.

suspension
By ulmboy on 12/28/11 09:13 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After 15,000 miles my tires had warn down unevenly. I took into Tracy Dealership to point out hearing noise in back wheel. Told nothing wrong. At 18,000 miles noise worse so took to Stockton Honda and was told back right wheel bearing out. They replaced wrong side. Had to buy new tires. Took back to Tracy Honda and they replaced other back wheel bearing. Car still did not drive smooth. A lot of road noise. Traded in at Tracy Honda and would not give me blue book because wheel bearing problems. Even though I had a warranty for 100,000 miles they would not reimburse for having to buy new tires and did not give me a good trade in value. Will not buy a Honda again. Traded in for a Toyota Van.

Love my Honda, but...
By bj789 on 04/12/11 22:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

For an economy car, it's pretty nice. My last two cars were German and their reliability issues drove me to Japanese dependability, but man were Germans a blast to drive. And while I'm still happy with the Honda, there are some issues I'm now suffering. Mainly performance issues. Otherwise, it's functional, reliable, efficient and gets me from A to B with little worry. Most of my driving is in the city, and it zips around in traffic fairly well. I would not recommend as a highway commuter.

Honda Civic Ex Navi @100k miles....
By bschaffer on 03/29/11 13:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my daily driver, mostly highway (70%) driven. Avg. 36-39mpg in Summer, Winter mileage suffers due to fuel additives in my cold climate (32-35mpg, still great!). Best recorded mileage 42mpg average with a tail wind driving across Iowa at 75-80 mph. I'm happy with my car overall but if I didn't have such a comute I would drive something more sporty and/or luxury minded. My biggest complete is road noise followed by ride quality, although it's probably better than most "compacts". My co-workers Mazda3 is not nearly as refined! Rear tires tend to wear on the inside due to fixed camber. The Navi is great although the joystick up and left movement quite on me a few months back.

Tire Wear
By Amanda on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car brand new. Since I have replaced the tires twice. I have the tires rotated every other oil change and the guys at the shop say they have uneven wear. The rear tires are very noisy. I have had the alignment checked several times and its ok. It seems to be a factory defect. Also my sun visor broke. Honda needs to do a recall on this model year because I will never purchase another Honda if they're no going to stand behind their product. Very Unhappy Customer.

Great car but overpriced
By martin on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Car gave me no problems which was important to me. A lot of recalls since i purchased the car. Interior cloth seats are cheap and wear uneven with regular use. The stereo knobs are backwards.climate controls are on the bottom and radio is above it, making it uncomfortable.Still not use to it after 4 yrs. I paid 18,500 which is a lot considering could have a GM compatible car for 5,000 less and kept the profits in good old USA. Would definitely buy American car next time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.