Used 2007 Honda Civic GX Natural Gas Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Natural Gas

GX 1.8L 4-cyl. CNG 5-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )

A Little Disappointed
By James

2007 Honda Civic Natural Gas GX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 2004 manual Civic, which was a fantastic car that never had any problems. But I've had number of small problems with my 2007 Civic in just the first 18 months of ownership, and I fear these are signs of larger problems down the road. The A/C broke, driver-side sun visor broke, water-pump had a recall and needed to be replaced, and the car almost didn't start after sitting for just two days recently in 30 degree weather. I plan to trade this car within the next month or so.

Favorite Features

Bigger engine than the 2004 model for better acceleration; easy to read speedometer; good sized trunk

Suggested Improvements

Put smaller pieces of hard plastic on the interior, fix the sun visors, ensure AC and water pump don't have engineering defects

CNG Honda- feels good to drive
By aerodog

2007 Honda Civic Natural Gas GX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Cannot choose which I like more, driving by the gas stations with $5 per gal displayed, or looking at the exhaust pipe after 10,000 miles and it looks totally new! The "feel good" factor is strong..stronger than when I drove the Honda Insight, and far more comfortable too! The Civic body styling is light years ahead of the older Civic along with the functionality too. Only one complaint to those who are 5'10" or taller. That emergency brake hits you just below the right knee and after longer drives is a total pain! Think I'm going to remove it, then all is very, very nice. Range is a little short, but my daily drives are not that far. In short, the US should get on the ball and CNG more.

Favorite Features

Can carry 4 persons or drive just by myself around town with no guilt at all.

Suggested Improvements

Move that emergency brake handle! Make Navi an option. Have very large stickers that cover the car showing it is CNG or Natural Gas Auto...show the masses, instead of whispering...

Reliable gas miser
By MiamiBigDaddy

2007 Honda Civic Natural Gas GX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After driving my SUV into the ground, I decided to quit spending so much at the gas pump. I wanted the most reliable, fuel efficient (somewhat) inexpensive car I could find. At one year and 8,000 miles, it has fulfilled my expectations. I would highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

The wrench "idiot light" on the dash lets me know when to service the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

The tires are really really small, so bumps pot-holes can be traumatic. Uphills are sluggish if you don't get a "running start".

Not as good as a Corolla
By Bazza

2007 Honda Civic Natural Gas GX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to replace my previous European built Corolla sedan, which had given me 5 years trouble free comfortable ownership. The Honda Civic must be the most uncomfortable car I have ever bought, or driven. It's too low, has extremely hard unforgiving seats, the stupid handbrake which digs into my leg and makes any journey over half an hour very painfull (literally). The "A" pillar is too thick, and interferes with a clear view of pedestrians trying to cross the road in front of me at junctions. The front passenger footwell is too short, forcing the passenger has to push the seat right back to get comfortable, consequently there is no room for anybody to sit behind!

Favorite Features

I like the eye-level speedometer, it helps me avoid getting speeding tickets but even this sometimes causes arguments with my wife who can see the speedometer clearly when I am driving.

Suggested Improvements

Make the boot (trunk) larger, design more comfortable seats (taking lessons from the French manufacturers), fit the car with decent tires as original equipment. Make the car taller so it is easy to get in and out. Change the acute angle of the "A" pillar which is really dangerous.