2007 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
really great car
By carzcrazy87 on 06/05/13 15:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

my 07 civic hybrid has 81k on it and I have had zero problems or complaints with this amazing car. It has the built in navigation and great sounds system all of it is voice activated. It also has the sunroof that is very nice and gets used alot. This car is so comfortable for me and roomy for the carseat in the back. The trunk holds alot for a smaller car. Very sporty dash and outside design. Have never had this car in the shop for anything. I do all town driving and get 40mpg every time. Ive seen some reviews that complain about this car and it has to be the owner being too rough. This is a great quality car and have no problems inside or out with it!

Replaced hybrid battery twice over 162,000 miles
By jlrob on 03/01/13 16:48 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car used with only 25,000 miles on it. It now has over 162,000. First battery went out just under warranty of 100,000 so fixed by dealer at no cost to me. Second battery did not even last 60,000 miles, warranty apparently expired as Honda refused to fix so I paid $2700 for the part plus labor, etc. Whatever $$$ I saved with hybrid technology clearly down the drain. Would never buy this car again.

140,000 and still going strong
By nolander01 on 09/15/11 10:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I use my 07 civic hybrid as a communter car to and from work. I average 35,000 miles per year and have had no problems. I do all the required maintanance ( most of it myself) and expect plenty of more miles to come. Intertior had held up strong with no issues whatsoever. All electronics work perfectly with no sign of impending failure. As for the IMA battery...I can tell it is going to go fairly soon. However, I do not plan on fixing it due to the nature of my driving. It will operate without an IMA battery, Just dont expect to get the accel youre used to. Overall, wish I would have purchased the non-hybrid version. But, I'll drive this one into the ground. Hoping that'll be a long time.

Do not buy this car!
By fhiebel on 12/29/10 13:58 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Unfortunately at this point I would say do not buy a Honda car. I have been a loyal Honda owner for over 20 years but Honda has dug their own grave with this car and battery issue and their lack of customer support! Just go out and read all the issues that people have had with the IMA recall and battery issues for this car. Very unhappy customer.

Honda deception
By Joann on 09/07/10 18:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We recently had the new software update that we got as a result of a recall. Now we have lost power and fuel economy. We recently read a number of articles that claim that Honda knows they have a problem with their batteries so made this update so that the car relies on the gas portion and not the Hybrid part. Sometimes we can't get up our own driveway. We called Honda and they said too bad even though our car was under warranty. We are very disappointed in Honda because they are only thinking about their bottom line (they don't want to buy new batteries) and not customer satisfaction or safety.

Great mileage
By keith on 01/01/10 02:01 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded Kia Sorrento during gas crunch... should have kept trade-in despite bad mileage. Honda is quite noisy all around & not at all comfortable on long drives. Getting in & out of car is a chore for taller(& older) people. Fuel economy(40-45 mpg) & acceleration are excellent. Switching back to SUV. I'd rather be comfortable & pay more for fuel. Civic hybrid makes a good commuter car.

Not bad, could be better
By John on 08/05/09 10:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had only a few problems with it. The electric motor at low speeds jerks the car until you stop accel or accel faster. I did not expect a sports car since this is a hybrid but driving it in the NYC (only got 25MPG in city) and highways (35-40MPG) a car like this is unable to get out of it's own way. This has caused me to get hit once since I could not get away from someone coming up behind me even when flooring it. I avg about 39-44MPG on my 30 mile one way to work and back. Car does not handle well even with new tires. AC does not seem to cool as much as I like, gets warm on auto stop. Road noise is horrible at 40+. Sound system is blah. Expected more overall for $26,000.

Life with my Civic Honda
By knoll on 09/17/08 07:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I takes a while to get used to this gem of a vehicle. The electric motor acts like a turbo to assist the gas motor. I've had a few rattles and a window motor recall, but I've been thrilled with the 36,000 miles I've put on it thus far. Handling is superb. I can spin the tires, but I wish I could get a larger electric motor as an option to help with the 1800 ft. peak I drive over twice daily on my 45 mile commute. Mileage is controversial with this car; people report all kinds. For me, if I don't watch what I'm doing, I get a combined 42 mpg (over the last 2000 miles). If I pay attention, and keep the revs below 2500, I can easily get low 50's mpg. If I draft a semi, I can get over 70!

Was great, but after 15k problems appear
By jordan4308 on 08/04/08 11:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have 15k on the car. AIR CONDITIONING IS HORRIBLE. I live in Colorado where we have had 20 days of 90+ heat. And when I drive the car home, the AC STOPS BLOWING COLD AIR whenever the car is stopped (w or w/o autostop). Honda manufacturing & my local dealer have confirmed "THIS IS THE WAY THE CAR IS DESIGNED. In order to get the AC to blow cold air, the engine must be above a certain RPM." Do you have any idea how uncomfortable it is to be sitting in the blazing sun at 5200 ft with no AC? It sucks. That's why I bought a car WITH AC. Turns out I must rev at the stoplights to have AC. Really disappointed with Honda. wish I had known this before buying.

Gutless Hybrid has Ups & Downs
By Hush on 07/22/08 23:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased an 07 Civic Hybrid. Not only is it gutless, but fails to get the advertised mpg. I get about 32 around town. Now that's double from my last car and I actually don't mind filling it up. Ups & Downs.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.