Used 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

really great car
By carzcrazy87

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

my 07 civic hybrid has 81k on it and I have had zero problems or complaints with this amazing car. It has the built in navigation and great sounds system all of it is voice activated. It also has the sunroof that is very nice and gets used alot. This car is so comfortable for me and roomy for the carseat in the back. The trunk holds alot for a smaller car. Very sporty dash and outside design. Have never had this car in the shop for anything. I do all town driving and get 40mpg every time. Ive seen some reviews that complain about this car and it has to be the owner being too rough. This is a great quality car and have no problems inside or out with it!

stylish, fuel economy, reliability, cool blue interior, cockpit design is very futuristic.

Replaced hybrid battery twice over 162,000 miles
By jlrob

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car used with only 25,000 miles on it. It now has over 162,000. First battery went out just under warranty of 100,000 so fixed by dealer at no cost to me. Second battery did not even last 60,000 miles, warranty apparently expired as Honda refused to fix so I paid $2700 for the part plus labor, etc. Whatever $$$ I saved with hybrid technology clearly down the drain. Would never buy this car again.

Unlike my two previous Dodge Grand Caravans (1993 and 1995), I never had to fix automatic door openers, radio dials, speakers, and have only had to replace brakes once. Seems very solid and stable as compared to Chevy Cruze and Nissan Versa I rented while my 2nd hybrid battery was being installed. Nothing else besides the battery seems to be an issue, i.e. transmission, etc.

Better battery!!!!

140,000 and still going strong
By nolander01

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I use my 07 civic hybrid as a communter car to and from work. I average 35,000 miles per year and have had no problems. I do all the required maintanance ( most of it myself) and expect plenty of more miles to come. Intertior had held up strong with no issues whatsoever. All electronics work perfectly with no sign of impending failure. As for the IMA battery...I can tell it is going to go fairly soon. However, I do not plan on fixing it due to the nature of my driving. It will operate without an IMA battery, Just dont expect to get the accel youre used to. Overall, wish I would have purchased the non-hybrid version. But, I'll drive this one into the ground. Hoping that'll be a long time.

Everything but the IMA. Keep in mind, it's still a Honda.

Replace the batteries when they fail. It wont bankrupt your company, and it will regain the confidence in your customers.

Do not buy this car!
By fhiebel

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Unfortunately at this point I would say do not buy a Honda car. I have been a loyal Honda owner for over 20 years but Honda has dug their own grave with this car and battery issue and their lack of customer support! Just go out and read all the issues that people have had with the IMA recall and battery issues for this car. Very unhappy customer.

Honda should stick to honoring their warranties and not ruin their good name like this.

Good mpg and very reliable
By Anonymous

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the car new in 2007. Never gave us a single problem in the past 3 years. Averaged MPG at 43. In pure highway, can get to 50+. Battery is reprogrammed a few months ago. It feels ok with reduced capacity and power. Some mentioned battery problems in hot places though.

Good mpg and spacious interior

Folding rear seat and larger battery.