Used 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Bilge rat
By Sid

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought car new and have had no mechanical issues. Car has been garaged since new and still looks new. Due to age I would like one more new car before my main transportation is wings. Sorry I put new Michelins on 3000 miles ago if I end up selling' Nice car, dumb owner if I sell.

Hybrid still works well after 9 years
By Ray

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car new in April 2007. As of April 2016 it still runs well. I followed maintenance minder, taking car to dealer (Pohanka in Maryland) for service every time maintenance was required. The dealer never tried to recommend excessive maintenance. Sometimes it would go 10K between oil changes. IMA light came on just before 80k. Dealer re-programmed it per TSB. IMA light came on again just before 100k. Found speed sensor in hybrid system was bad. Repair cost $1250. Geico Mechanical Breakdown covered $1000 of that. Had to have drivers window serviced once for $100. First set of tires lasted 90k. Based on recent dealer inspection the original brakes are still fine, probably due to regenerative braking system reducing wear on regular brakes. Original 12V battery replaced at 7 years. Paint and interior have held up well, using weather-tech mats helped. Considering initial purchase price, maintenance, and repairs this has been the least expensive and most reliable car I have owned. When new I could get over 55mpg regularly. At 9 years old I can still get over 50mpg in similar driving. My IMA battery still works well, but seems to have lost some of its original capacity. Should you buy an older used Civic Hybrid such as this one, make sure you are ready to shell out $3500 to replace the IMA battery at any time. Allowing for that, this should be a very satisfying used car.

Do not buy this car
By Maggie

This is not a hybrid, do not pay the extra money! I previously owned a 2002 Prius but when it was up for renewal and had over 120k miles I thought it was a good time to trade it in. Thinking that Honda was a solid company I felt confident about buying the 2007 Civic Hybrid. It was the worst decision! Advertised mpg of 40+ I only get <27mpg - I could have spent thousands less for a regular Sudan with better gas mileage. The acceleration is also DANGEROUS with the IMA motor sometimes it will accelerate and then others it will barely move almost causing multiple accidents. Do not waste your money!!!

really great car
By carzcrazy87

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

my 07 civic hybrid has 81k on it and I have had zero problems or complaints with this amazing car.
It has the built in navigation and great sounds system all of it is voice activated.
It also has the sunroof that is very nice and gets used alot.
This car is so comfortable for me and roomy for the carseat in the back.
The trunk holds alot for a smaller car.
Very sporty dash and outside design.
Have never had this car in the shop for anything.
I do all town driving and get 40mpg every time.
Ive seen some reviews that complain about this car and it has to be the owner being too rough.
This is a great quality car and have no problems inside or out with it!

stylish, fuel economy, reliability, cool blue interior, cockpit design is very futuristic.

Replaced hybrid battery twice over 162,000 miles
By jlrob

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car used with only 25,000 miles on it.
It now has over 162,000.
First battery went out just under warranty of 100,000 so fixed by dealer at no cost to me.
Second battery did not even last 60,000 miles, warranty apparently expired as Honda refused to fix so I paid $2700 for the part plus labor, etc.

Whatever $$$ I saved with hybrid technology clearly down the drain.

Would never buy this car again.

Unlike my two previous Dodge Grand Caravans (1993 and 1995), I never had to fix automatic door openers, radio dials, speakers, and have only had to replace brakes once. Seems very solid and stable as compared to Chevy Cruze and Nissan Versa I rented while my 2nd hybrid battery was being installed. Nothing else besides the battery seems to be an issue, i.e. transmission, etc.

Better battery!!!!