2007 Honda Civic LX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Sort Reviews by

Honda customer support/warranty....fool me once!
By 53classic

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

At 16,000 km's, the transmission in our new 2007 Civic broke down. Honda claimed that this was due to abuse! My wife and I have driven manual cars for many years....we are both in our 50's and do not abuse our cars. Honda refused to accept any blame and we were forced to pay a $4,000 repair bill. We had no support from anyone at Honda - not the dealer or Honda Canada. Would they consider cost sharing the repair bill or giving us a break on the parts or labour cost? NO! Our lease is now up - the Honda dealer called to see if we wanted to lease another Civic....Are you kidding me?? Fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice....shame on me! Never again.

Favorite Features

Can't think of any after our experience with Honda warranty....happy to be saying good-bye to Honda. They said good-bye to us at 16,000 km's.

Suggested Improvements

Honda needs to support their customers and honor their warranty.

Great Car
By MissIndy

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I would most definitely recommend this car to any average sized person. This car is an absolute blast to drive, it handles very well on all types of roads. I have a lead foot and I always had over 30 mpg on the highways. The dash was easy to read.

Favorite Features

AUX jack, dashboard lights, handling, gas mileage

Never buy a Honda again
By Honda Sucks

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased 4000 miles in the shop week 2 left rear bearing went out, wk 3 needed new tires, airbags defaulted, most uncomfortable seat/steering wheel adjustment, battery, poor stereo/cd audio, I purchased the LX for me and ab ex for my daughter. I will take a Nissan any day, the customer service was good, the car disappoints.

Favorite Features

gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

redesign the interior for comfort, sound, the inspection for airbags, tires, and overall performance was a lie. Back what you sell

115,000 and runnin it like I rent it
By Shane

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great commuter car. However the only downfall is the light back end makes it slide in wet or slippy conditions. Runs as good now as the day I bought it. It does like to eat back tires so rotate them and service your car (i.e. oil and rotating tires) no big expenses yet. IT'S KINDA A TIGHT FIT FOR A 6FT 200LB guy but it makes up for it at the pump...

Favorite Features

gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

ride noise and THE PARKING BRAKE CUTS INTO MY KNEE!!!!

Great highway MPG
By parker712

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my civic for a little over a year now. I go 80 miles/day round trip for work, mostly highway and I am getting 37-39 mpg. Definitely not much "spunk" but I bought it for the MPG not its performance so I am happy!

Favorite Features

Aux plug in, great MPG!

Suggested Improvements

sunroof as option on LX model.

Impressed
By DMW

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Leased for my commute to work, but found that this car is a good weekend car as well for every day tasks. Happy about the comfort, looks, reliability, and handling. Disappointed with the performance, the clutch, and lack of a 6th gear for cruising. My gas mileage has suffered because when driving above 65 mph on my commute, the small 1.8L, 4 cyl engine is working extra hard with the rpms at 3800-4000; which is why a 6th gear is needed. The clutch needs improvement and I know I can't expect much from 140 HP, and 128 ft-lbs of TQ, a few more ponies should be added. Interior dash is eye catching, and the mp3 capability is welcomed. A/C vents need to be moved. Get rid of hubcaps please!

Favorite Features

Central control and dash. Style. Comfort. Reliability. MP3 capability with CD and MP3 jack. Room. Above average MPG. Cup holders. Trunk size. Maintenance minder. Digital MPH display. Custom welcome display on radio. Driver height adjustment. Handles very well. Above average in snow.

Suggested Improvements

Better clutch. Needs a 6th gear for cruising. Needs disc brakes in rear instead of drums. Move A/C vents. More HP / TQ. Get rid of the hubcaps. Folding mirrors. Power/Memory seats should be an option, along with auto-dimming mirror. Blind spots occasionally over left shoulder (coupe).

Not what I was hoping.
By mugwomp

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Thought I'd switch to an economy car - this car won based on price/gas economy alone. It hasn't been worth it - I'd rather spend extra money on gas to have a car with some torque. The resale value looks great - will be moving up to something sportier in the 200+ hp/torque range. Not a bad car but it is the first/last Honda I will ever own. Realized its too vanilla for me. Didn't like seeing commuters driving them everywhere. Kind of a bummer.

Favorite Features

Economy can't be beat. Solid build quality, features for the price, paint quality, materials, resale value.

Suggested Improvements

Can't get used to the spacetoy dash. Hate the steering wheel, gauges with a passion. Don't like the random mish-mosh of buttons for a dash. Exterior looks like a wedge of cheese (probably for aerodynamics), zero torque, whiny engine.

Wow
By IXbloodsimpleXI

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

To start off, I usually purchase at least 1 car per year, this is my 13th in my life. With this car, I can't convince myself to get rid of it. I've customized it to my liking and can't seem to want anything else. No problems with it, I barely have to feed it gas and it's very sporty for being a base model.

Favorite Features

Mileage, interior, handling, everything.

Suggested Improvements

Could pump some more ponies into it, but then you'd have an Si, right?

2 problems
By kurt cain

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This Civic (07 Lx coupe, 5 speed trans) is fun to drive, peppy, has no problems handling the Ozark mountains, at or above the speed limits. Is stylish gets very good gas mileage, but the seats headrest sticks out to much and always seems to bump into the back of my head. Also the a/c vent for the driver is almost directly behind the steering wheel which blows cold air onto your hand. 2 very minor things. You get a great little car for a reasonable price

Favorite Features

Styling, handling, gas mileage and price

Suggested Improvements

Change seat headrests. Move driver side ac vent. Have key fob open trunk and windows

I couldn't love this car more!
By Ilovemycivic

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I recently put my '96 Civic Coupe DX to sleep. I wasn't going to buy another Civic thinking I'll just "move up" to something better like an Accord or Camry. But as soon as I test drove the '07 out of curiosity, I was hooked. As far as I'm concerned, there is no better car for the money. This car handles great, is quite speedy, and very comfortable. he seats feel wonderful and soft. The telescopic steering wheel is a nice feature. It has maintenance minder too so taking care of this car is a no- brainer. I don't have enough room to rave about this car.

Favorite Features

Dash board display. Center console between seats. Love the rear-end look of the coupe. Love how it shifts so smooth too.

Suggested Improvements

I'm wondering how a different custom stereo would fit in that dash, but the factory stereo is just fine for now. Also, I prefer the longer front end of the '96 Honda but still find this car very attractive.