Used 2007 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

i hate my 07 honda
By Heather Strausbaugh

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

this car was bought by my father brand new in 06. since driven off lot we have had nothing but problems. visors (extended warranty) engine, e break handle has fallen apart. faulty air bag sensors $500 to replace. new starter at 70k miles $300 new drivers door lock chamber at 80k miles $300 weather stripping needs to be replaced its completely fallen down always pushing it back up. no interior lights work on radio selection/heating and cooling lights. auto window controls for passenger window no longer work ether side. paints chipping. faulty wire connections caused power steering to go out while driving!! 25k new asking 6k now. 107k miles and selling now. will never own another honda. EVER!

Favorite Features

nothing!!!

Suggested Improvements

everything!!! recall this car now!!! its a disaster waiting to happen. and when it does it will be on hondas shoulders.

Theses are a gamble to own.
By bpminme

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The '06-'11 Civics have many little issues. Bad quality paint & clear coat. Buzzes and rattles in the interior. Auto transmission is lazy to down shift, too eager to up shift. Window switches are tricky. Odd placement of hand brake. Lack of head room They have some pretty bad major issues too. The cost of labor to replace the starter can exceed the cost of the starter itself. Rear trailing arms can fail. Engine mounts prone to failure. '06-'08 and some '09 Engine blocks can crack, Honda may not replace for free, even though they say they will (see Honda's Technical Service Bulletin 10-048). Brakes are also sub-par compared to what they could be for the car's MSRP.

Favorite Features

The placement of the speedometer grew on me quickly. I realized what they had done was put a lit digital speedometer just inside the driver's vision. You can see the vehicle's speed without taking your eyes off the road. Seats are comfy, cabin is quiet. Great for long trips in my opinion. Engine power is adequate, MPG is excellent in my case. I often got 35+ mpg in the summer driving 65-75 mph with the AC on. Sharp looking car.

Suggested Improvements

Honda should have: Re-designed the trailing arms, and engine mounts. Used better paint and clear coat. Been more careful casting engine blocks. This was likely a quality control failure. They also should replace any and all R18A engines that have cracked within the 10 year limit (see Honda's Technical Service Bulletin 10-048).

Great Car (dependable)
By mmeyering

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car in an auction never had a honda because of the price to but one, but really glad I bought it. It handles like a sports car. I hear a lot of complaints about power really?? it's a 1.8L but it really go good! The gas milage I can't complain like so of the others I get 38 most all the time. I have had no trouble at all for 2 years now bought it with 95k now have 140K. I have Good Year tires and this thing is like a snowmobile in the snow, never been stuck!

Favorite Features

Love the speedometer position no matter were your hand are on the wheel you can read it!! Great gas milage. Great handling in corners no body roll at all. There is a lot of room inside for a small car, I am 6ft and I think it sits good and is very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

none.

my best yet
By mfriesenborg

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

coming from a 2000 civic ex, i was impressed with the upgrades done in the '07 model. it has been the textbook example of reliability for 120,000 miles. i have had an engine oil leak fixed under warranty, and had to replace the rear control arms (on my own) recently. mileage is always 35-40, and i have gotten up to 42 on long interstate cruises. the interior is harder to keep clean compared to the 2000, mainly due to different texture of the plastic used on door and kick panels. i feel sorry for people who have had worse experiences than i, but the worst part of owning a civic is using the dealership for service.

Favorite Features

comfortable driving position (i'm 6'1") good fuel mileage sporty feeling confidence inspiring

Suggested Improvements

buy quality tires, as the oem tires are generally lesser quality. search online for the best type of tire for your requirements. the coupe could use better visibility looking out the rear windows.

Never again, Honda. Never again.
By bdshell

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I will never own another Honda. I own a 2007 with 77k miles. 1 owner, all routine maintenance done. The engine failed. Coolant leaked into the engine, the head is completely warped. This relates to a known issue but the dealership claimed the block wasn't fully cracked so they won't cover a cent of the replacement. Needing a new engine at 77k miles? That is unacceptable. I am completely appalled with the treatment I have received and will never own another Honda.

Suggested Improvements

Horrible blind spots. Engine issue should be a full recall...not some terrible bulletin with many loopholes for Honda to get around.