2007 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Bad Rear Control Arms
By kgoz on 06/23/14 16:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 2007 Civics have been involved in a class action lawsuit involving the rear control arms. If you purchase a used civic make sure the rear control arms have the letter "C" stamped on them, otherwise you will rapidly wear out tires. The fix for this problem costs several hundred dollars (and Honda WILL NOT PAY for the repair). Fuel economy is excellent.

Not happy with Honda
By eric_d on 03/19/14 19:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 32,000 miles on it and now own it with 96,000 miles. This is a good looking car and it is fun to drive. I will give it that...but...this build quality and reliability is horrible. The rear control arms ate away two sets of tires, and am currently waiting on Honda to reimburse me for them. Once on a road trip, some sensor failed and I was unable to go faster than 50 miles an hour. Very unsafe. The dome lights work intermittently as does the third brake light. I just had to replace the motor mount, as that has failed and caused extreme vibrations and loud noises when I shift from park to reverse. The road noise is also very loud. I am very disappointed with Honda.

Great Trouble free car
By hpopik on 01/29/14 16:49 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Honda Civic and it is a great dependable car .Drives nicely and handles well except in snow as it is not good for Alberta snowy winters. I have only 53,000 Kilometers about 35,000 miles and the car is just great. Only one long trip of about 2,000 miles to Great Falls and back to St.Albert, Alberta in Canada. Tires with purchase were of poor quality and I replaced them with Bridgestone Ecopia tires and the car handles better than new. I like the car as mine is black and other than a few dingles which I had detailed out for $275 and car looks like new . Visor had to be replaced on warranty and nothing else other than tires. Great gas mileage and handles extremely well.

Junk
By josh510 on 08/28/13 08:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third Civic, which I bought for the looks. What a mistake. Honda cut too many corners. At least they are fixing most issues, but I'm tired of taking the car to the shop. Here are my issues so far. Visors - Honda Replaced Control Arms/Tire Wear - Honda Replaced Motor Mounts - I paid for this Paint going bad - Honda will fix the hood and fenders but not the roof. Water Pump Pulley - Honda Replaced Engine Block Crack - Honda Replaced My other two Civics were great, but this one has been terrible. These repairs were made in addition to replacing the terrible Firestone tires and Honda battery (those both have always been bad). Unfortunately this will be my last Civic.

Name went on before the quality went in
By cc58 on 07/27/13 05:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had my 2007 EX coupe for 80,000 miles and 6 years now. I've learned that honda reliability can be counted on for their recalls. It will fail if you get one. Got recall on bolt failure on water pump pulley. Shortly after the pulley fell out of the engine bay and destroyed a belt. Luckily, no other damage and was fixed for free. Got a recall on visor failure and it failed and replaced free. Got a TSB on motor mount failure, motor started slamming into chassis replaced mount at my expense. In the last few months the paint on the roof has rapidly oxidized under the clearcoat and looks terrible. Unfortunately, no recall yet on the paint and I can not afford to fix it. Honda, never again.

DisappointedJim
By jamminjim on 10/20/11 10:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Before you purchase an 07 Civic, I highly recommend looking up the TSB's on this model. I know, I know. The car is dazzling, but do your research! Defective rear control arms will cause the car to destroy tires. A defective motor mount will give out on you causing severe engine vibration. Visors have to be replaced every summer due to falling apart. Engine block develops a crack after 50k miles. Brake fluid leaks into hub bearings causing it to fail. The plastic interior scratches and breaks easily. Steering wheel's foam/rubber falls apart. Car dent's very easily as well. Some serious problems with this model. I call shenanigans; this car is a lemon (a very pretty lemon).

Honda customer support/warranty....fool me once!
By 53classic on 03/16/11 06:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

At 16,000 km's, the transmission in our new 2007 Civic broke down. Honda claimed that this was due to abuse! My wife and I have driven manual cars for many years....we are both in our 50's and do not abuse our cars. Honda refused to accept any blame and we were forced to pay a $4,000 repair bill. We had no support from anyone at Honda - not the dealer or Honda Canada. Would they consider cost sharing the repair bill or giving us a break on the parts or labour cost? NO! Our lease is now up - the Honda dealer called to see if we wanted to lease another Civic....Are you kidding me?? Fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice....shame on me! Never again.

Practical Daily Driver
By robliski on 02/01/11 13:09 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my Civic EX Coupe since Sep '06. This is an excellent car for the daily commute as it gives a decent MPG but this is completely dependant on your driving style: If you drive agressive then kiss the MPG goodbye but if you drive more mellow then you'll be very pleased. It's a bit stiff which is normal for Honda. The handling is really good for a front wheel drive. The part that always irritates me about this car is: 1) I am always thirsty for torque, and 2) The transmission is sometimes a bit lazy to shift down. So when you take it on a trip, when you get to the hills, you can't use cruise control at all; the tranny is constantly downshifting gasping for torque.

Stay away from Honda!
By April on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased this car under the impression Honda is a good car. Never again! Even the company was horribly rude, worse than non-helpful- accusatory, and defended their illegal actions of their dealerships. Our civic has since 20k had steering problems, shifting problems, battery problems, engine issues and other parts having to be replaced by notice of recall or failed. However the dealership which did the repairs failed to properly document and repair saying the noises, shaking, and hard shifting are normal. The problems have constantly gotten worse and now that the car is over warranty Honda insulted us plus refusing to repair the car! Go get a Hyundai or other car with a 100k warranty.

Love my civic!
By missyD on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Love love love this car! Extremely roomy for a 2dr, even though the back is kinda cramped but that's understandable. Love the navigation interface, speaker system is amazing. Great gas mileage. Handles great. I really have no complaints whatsoever. However, I wouldn't buy this car if it was a lower end model. The reason why I love this car is because its ex w/navi. I've seen the lower end models w/o navi and its nothing special compared to the ex.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.