2007 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Car (dependable)
By mmeyering on 01/18/15 18:36 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car in an auction never had a honda because of the price to but one, but really glad I bought it. It handles like a sports car. I hear a lot of complaints about power really?? it's a 1.8L but it really go good! The gas milage I can't complain like so of the others I get 38 most all the time. I have had no trouble at all for 2 years now bought it with 95k now have 140K. I have Good Year tires and this thing is like a snowmobile in the snow, never been stuck!

my best yet
By mfriesenborg on 12/21/14 20:26 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

coming from a 2000 civic ex, i was impressed with the upgrades done in the '07 model. it has been the textbook example of reliability for 120,000 miles. i have had an engine oil leak fixed under warranty, and had to replace the rear control arms (on my own) recently. mileage is always 35-40, and i have gotten up to 42 on long interstate cruises. the interior is harder to keep clean compared to the 2000, mainly due to different texture of the plastic used on door and kick panels. i feel sorry for people who have had worse experiences than i, but the worst part of owning a civic is using the dealership for service.

Never again, Honda. Never again.
By bdshell on 11/03/14 19:54 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I will never own another Honda. I own a 2007 with 77k miles. 1 owner, all routine maintenance done. The engine failed. Coolant leaked into the engine, the head is completely warped. This relates to a known issue but the dealership claimed the block wasn't fully cracked so they won't cover a cent of the replacement. Needing a new engine at 77k miles? That is unacceptable. I am completely appalled with the treatment I have received and will never own another Honda.

Significant problems; I'll never buy another Honda
By kaleto on 08/27/14 17:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

There are glaring problems with this car and Hondas in general. In fact, they had to extend the warranty on many parts. After only a few years, one engine mount broke, the clear coat flaked, and the paint cracked. The CVT transmission lags, which could cause an accident if you're expecting an immediate response from the gas pedal. To top it off, they lied about the MPG when I bought it in 2007--originally boasted at 41 highway, at best I get in the low 30s highway. Bottom line is there are better quality comparable cars, and because of the poor workmanship of this model (and Hondas in general for the past 10 years or so), I'll never buy another Honda.

Bad Rear Control Arms
By kgoz on 06/23/14 16:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 2007 Civics have been involved in a class action lawsuit involving the rear control arms. If you purchase a used civic make sure the rear control arms have the letter "C" stamped on them, otherwise you will rapidly wear out tires. The fix for this problem costs several hundred dollars (and Honda WILL NOT PAY for the repair). Fuel economy is excellent.

Not happy with Honda
By eric_d on 03/19/14 19:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 32,000 miles on it and now own it with 96,000 miles. This is a good looking car and it is fun to drive. I will give it that...but...this build quality and reliability is horrible. The rear control arms ate away two sets of tires, and am currently waiting on Honda to reimburse me for them. Once on a road trip, some sensor failed and I was unable to go faster than 50 miles an hour. Very unsafe. The dome lights work intermittently as does the third brake light. I just had to replace the motor mount, as that has failed and caused extreme vibrations and loud noises when I shift from park to reverse. The road noise is also very loud. I am very disappointed with Honda.

Great Trouble free car
By hpopik on 01/29/14 16:49 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Honda Civic and it is a great dependable car .Drives nicely and handles well except in snow as it is not good for Alberta snowy winters. I have only 53,000 Kilometers about 35,000 miles and the car is just great. Only one long trip of about 2,000 miles to Great Falls and back to St.Albert, Alberta in Canada. Tires with purchase were of poor quality and I replaced them with Bridgestone Ecopia tires and the car handles better than new. I like the car as mine is black and other than a few dingles which I had detailed out for $275 and car looks like new . Visor had to be replaced on warranty and nothing else other than tires. Great gas mileage and handles extremely well.

Junk
By josh510 on 08/28/13 08:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third Civic, which I bought for the looks. What a mistake. Honda cut too many corners. At least they are fixing most issues, but I'm tired of taking the car to the shop. Here are my issues so far. Visors - Honda Replaced Control Arms/Tire Wear - Honda Replaced Motor Mounts - I paid for this Paint going bad - Honda will fix the hood and fenders but not the roof. Water Pump Pulley - Honda Replaced Engine Block Crack - Honda Replaced My other two Civics were great, but this one has been terrible. These repairs were made in addition to replacing the terrible Firestone tires and Honda battery (those both have always been bad). Unfortunately this will be my last Civic.

Name went on before the quality went in
By cc58 on 07/27/13 05:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had my 2007 EX coupe for 80,000 miles and 6 years now. I've learned that honda reliability can be counted on for their recalls. It will fail if you get one. Got recall on bolt failure on water pump pulley. Shortly after the pulley fell out of the engine bay and destroyed a belt. Luckily, no other damage and was fixed for free. Got a recall on visor failure and it failed and replaced free. Got a TSB on motor mount failure, motor started slamming into chassis replaced mount at my expense. In the last few months the paint on the roof has rapidly oxidized under the clearcoat and looks terrible. Unfortunately, no recall yet on the paint and I can not afford to fix it. Honda, never again.

DisappointedJim
By jamminjim on 10/20/11 10:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Before you purchase an 07 Civic, I highly recommend looking up the TSB's on this model. I know, I know. The car is dazzling, but do your research! Defective rear control arms will cause the car to destroy tires. A defective motor mount will give out on you causing severe engine vibration. Visors have to be replaced every summer due to falling apart. Engine block develops a crack after 50k miles. Brake fluid leaks into hub bearings causing it to fail. The plastic interior scratches and breaks easily. Steering wheel's foam/rubber falls apart. Car dent's very easily as well. Some serious problems with this model. I call shenanigans; this car is a lemon (a very pretty lemon).