2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Faithful Fiji Chariot
By 96xlsnoble on 11/13/11 21:26 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Coming from a 2008 S2000, The SI sedan has its cousin's genes (vtec/i-vtec feel and sound, 8000rpm redline, electro speedometer).Of course the AP2 has better seats.My Si has a few mods that enhances it's looks and performance and I love this car.It handles predictably and never complains for being FWD.It inspires confidence to push even harder.Cant argue that at this price point.Its no EVO, STI or 370Z Nismo, but its still fun to drive.

Good small car
By kathy on 01/07/10 12:46 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this Civic for 2 years. I love the handling of this car. It hugs the road, the dash , but the seats are very uncomfortable. The complaint I have heard of others about Hondas is comfort only. It is reliable, is great on road & gas mileage, but if you like comfort the seats won't do it for you. Too bad Honda can't figure out how the torso would be more comfy in their seats- the only drawback.

Did not meet my expectations
By Brad on 11/02/09 20:50 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I want so badly to love this car, but I just can't quite do it for a few reasons. I traded in a 98 Prelude Sh and ordered this car from the factory as soon as I found out about its existence, but it's not the four door replacement for the Prelude that I'd hoped it would be. First, the transmission issue is incredibly frustrating. Second, the emergency brake jabs me in the knee. I know this issue may be limited to me, but it's not a good feeling when you purchase a brand new car and it makes you limp. Third, the build quality is not up to par with the other Hondas or Toyotas I've owned. It's a great looking and the performance is unparalleled for the price but it's not perfect.

Almost
By cz75 on 12/30/08 06:54 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Probably the nicest Honda product I've owned, but you can feel that there was more cost-cutting here than in the past, as while there are more features, the car doesn't seem as sturdy as previous models. Also, there are some glitches like a notchy, recalcitrant third gear and the strange surge from drive-by-wire when cold and the car isn't as smooth to shift as past Hondas I've owned.

Used Honda Si
By jkng on 09/14/08 18:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car a few months ago and so far so good. It was one year old and I think I got a great deal on it. Love driving it. Handles great and has power for a 4 cyl. 2.0. Great transmission and although the ride is harsh I guess that is what you sacrifice for the handling and sport. The only negative so far is that, third gear sticks. I don't know if anyone else has that problem.

Recommend a CPO Si
By New2Hondas on 09/02/08 10:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When car shopping, I found this vehicle to be the perfect combination of economy, performance, comfort, style, reliability and cost. I narrowed my search to Nissan Maxima and Honda Civic Si. The final battle was won for Honda when I found this car as Certified Pre-Owned with 100k warranty. A great car for a small family. Keeping the RPM between 3-5k makes for a civil driving experience in the city with respectable fuel mileage. Kick'r up to 7 or 8k when you want VTEC to come out and play.

After one year, this car is fine
By Doug on 06/10/08 13:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

There are many things I love about this car, its engine, 6 speed, wheels and handling. It is also comfortable and quiet on trips. It is very reliable, with no problems over the past year. In fact, it feels like a mini-Acura TL-S Type. My one complaint is the gas mileage. I can only get about 32 at highway speeds and that's if I keep it at 70 and below. Not an easy thing to do in this car because speed comes on quickly and keeps climbing. its easy to do 90 MPH. Love the interior but hate that you can only get black interior. It is very hot in a car with so much glass. It also shows lint like crazy. Radio is good too.

tranny
By transmission on 05/01/08 20:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Honda came out with a fix for the transmission issue on the 06 -08 civic si. I had to call American Honda in order to get the people at Honda to service my car. So people who owns a si, please contact your dealer and hopefully this is a recall.

Transmission issue
By Hondata on 04/09/08 18:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I own a 2007 civic si sedan, bought it brand new and the first few weeks i started to have a tranny problem on 3rd gear and took it back to the dealership and they wouldn't fix it and its still under warranty. They just told me to wait and will give me a call, and it's been 8 months and no call from them and no fixture. I know that theres more cars out there that has the same problem.

Think Twice Before Buying A Honda
By Buyer Beware on 04/09/08 04:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had the Civic Si sedan for not even a year (13K miles on it). Shifting to third is notchy and it feels like there is something blocking the shifter from engaging third. The passenger airbag off indicator comes one when nothing is in the passenger seat. The indicator is supposed to be off when there is nothing in the seat but because there are no error codes registered when the light comes on the engineers at American Honda said there is nothing wrong with the car and refuse to authorize any repairs. On at least 5 occasions nothing happened when I turned the key to start the car. The starter spins but does not engage.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.