2007 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great commute car
By offroad87 on 01/05/13 17:42 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car new in 2007 for commuting to replace a Camaro. Si is quick enough to commute and move easily in all kinds of traffic. It gives me average 23 mpg even when I drive it hard. Car is reliable, fun, and not so thirsty. Back seat space isn't that great for adults, but don't mind since I use it to commute. I will be repainting the whole car since the paint isn't that great. After 80k car has been reliable and looks like it will go for another 10 years.

07 Civic Si
By Detar24 on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Very fun car to drive. Excellent gas mileage (mid-30s on the highway). Given it's competitors, it could use a bit more power; however, the engine pulls strong through the entire power band (redline of 8k). It also has one of the nicest shifting transmissions I've ever driven. Granted, the styling, both interior and exterior, is very polarizing; you either love it or hate it. The dashboard does give the impression you are driving a space shuttle, and visibility suffers.

Long Term Report
By hondajeff on 05/14/09 20:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Kids are teenagers? Don't need a "sensible car"? Don't need to spend mass bucks on BMW but love to drive - drive fun? I needed a commute car and a fun sporty car. This is it. This car has been fantastic. The VTEC, shifter, limited slip differential, sport suspension, interior and exterior just meld together in a great "bang for the buck" package. All this with Honda quality and race bred experience clearly projected into the car. I have fun every day and totally agree with some of the other reviews. You get in this car and it wants to go fast - it has an aggressive personality for sure! In a bind or want a rush? Drop down a gear kick in Mr. VTEC the sound and pull is great.

I like very much
By nicber87 on 04/03/09 00:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My last car was a 98 sunfire gt; everything about the si is better. It's one of the most powerful naturally aspirated 4cyl in the world and it still gets me about 28 mpg. She corners on rails. Interior is ergonomic and attractive as well. I'll never buy another 5spd (6 is the only way to go). I have loved driving it, but haven't been too lucky. Other than the third gear issue, it needs an alignment and has a nasty skip when cold. Also, i can't get xm radio to work (followed the directions in the manual and also got help from an xm rep). Al in all I definitely recommend this to anyone who doesn't need space for family.

My black beauty
By Tina on 02/20/09 10:45 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Traded in my '01 Mustang GT auto for my black beauty for a Valentine's Day present for myself. I wanted something FAST, manual trans, and good on gas. After the test drive, I couldn't wait to bring her home. Long trips can be uncomfortable and stiff, but is expected due to the tight suspension. She now has 22k on her. My friends were impressed with how large the interior looked compared to the Civics of the past. I get tried at the traffic light and there is always some punk wanting to race me but I don't have to. The car speaks for itself :-)

So Far, So Good
By I'm a Fan on 10/23/08 11:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this new in December of 2006. Love the looks and it is still a blast to drive. I have it in black and it is sharp. Only defects so far is the sunroof rattled and 3rd gear was a little sticky. Dealer fixed both problems, no charge. Interior plastic is a little cheap, it scuffs easily and I dented the door where I rest my elbow. Vehicle stability assist has kicked in a couple of times in the snow and it helped with the traction. For performance, appearance, and sheer fun to drive it can't be beat.

Fantastic Car
By Matt on 10/06/08 15:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned this car since May 2007. Never had one single problem with it. No rattles, squeaks, nothing. The ride is somewhat rough, but that is expected with tight suspension. Makes up for it in handling. Very quick, although most power is at VTEC (6000- 8000 rpm. A blast to drive. Love it!

Why this was my last Honda ever
By Kevin on 06/17/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Even after Honda issued a TSB for the 3rd gear problem, I couldn't get the infamous 3rd gear TSB done,after writing and talking with HCS on the phone, etc., the service center continued to deny any 3rd gear problem, "even an intermittent one." All HCS offered to do was give a loaner car while I kept my SI at the dealer for a few days in the hope that they would admit to the problem. But they just didn't want to fix it. I traded in the car. I'll never buy another Honda again. This was my fifth. It was in the shop constantly, first for the oil leak, which took months of visits and letters/calls to Honda to get fixed. And I got tired of trying to get the 3rd gear issue fixed. Don't buy one.

I LOVE this car!!
By hankyjackz on 05/27/08 00:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had given lots of thought as to what car I really wanted and this was one of the main options, with the others being 1.BMW M3, 2.Mitsub. Evo IX, and the IS300.. I can in all honesty say I would not trade my car for none of those (well, maybe the m3 :-). It simply has the best of all worlds: Interior/exterior design, FUEL MILEAGE (I'm getting 30+MPG consistently), features, reliability, cost of Aft.Market parts, love the stock rims so don't have to buy aftermarket ones (Will paint them black with red lip though). Everything about it excites me and that transmission.. OMG awesome! cant get enough of it.. If you are thinking about buying one, don't hesitate and DO IT!

The Price makes it great!
By themanindbox on 04/18/08 07:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned my civic for 10 months, it has been very, very good to me. It has the typical 3rd gear issue, but if you go to the dealership with this (08-020) Service bulletin they will fix it free of charge. I average about 28 mpg in NYC which is great. In Ohio i was getting closer to 40 mpg on the highway. The MPG is better then my co-workers smart car, and it is much better looking as well. It has terrible blind spots, and the factory head lights are terrible. The stock radio is "ok" and replacing it is a nightmare. But for a stock car at the 20 grand mark. There is nothing more fun, or better to drive. It can use some more torque.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.