Used 2007 Honda Civic Si Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great commute car
By offroad87

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car new in 2007 for commuting to replace a Camaro. Si is quick enough to commute and move easily in all kinds of traffic. It gives me average 23 mpg even when I drive it hard. Car is reliable, fun, and not so thirsty. Back seat space isn't that great for adults, but don't mind since I use it to commute. I will be repainting the whole car since the paint isn't that great. After 80k car has been reliable and looks like it will go for another 10 years.

Reliability, responsive engine, interior design and space, small enough to fit most places.

Clear coat on roof, sun visor's quality, and 3rd gear issue if it hasn't been fixed yet.

07 Civic Si
By Detar24

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Very fun car to drive. Excellent gas mileage (mid-30s on the highway). Given it's competitors, it could use a bit more power; however, the engine pulls strong through the entire power band (redline of 8k). It also has one of the nicest shifting transmissions I've ever driven. Granted, the styling, both interior and exterior, is very polarizing; you either love it or hate it. The dashboard does give the impression you are driving a space shuttle, and visibility suffers.

Transmission, handling, engine, fuel economy, stereo

Interior and exterior styling, build quality (the car has been back in the shop twice for a leaky sunroof - not acceptable!).

Long Term Report
By hondajeff

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Kids are teenagers? Don't need a "sensible car"? Don't need to spend mass bucks on BMW but love to drive - drive fun? I needed a commute car and a fun sporty car. This is it. This car has been fantastic. The VTEC, shifter, limited slip differential, sport suspension, interior and exterior just meld together in a great "bang for the buck" package. All this with Honda quality and race bred experience clearly projected into the car. I have fun every day and totally agree with some of the other reviews. You get in this car and it wants to go fast - it has an aggressive personality for sure! In a bind or want a rush? Drop down a gear kick in Mr. VTEC the sound and pull is great.

Engine, VTEC, high RPMs, sound, shifter snick-snick, front/side view, LSD (you can so feel this in cornering), sport suspension but it does get rough, interior is first class, i like the dash!

I think I'd like an SI that had VTEC + TURBOCHARGER. To get the turbo torque on the low end and the VTEC on the high end would be most excellent. Hmmmm a VTEC that cut in WITH turbo - nice.

I like very much
By nicber87

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My last car was a 98 sunfire gt; everything about the si is better. It's one of the most powerful naturally aspirated 4cyl in the world and it still gets me about 28 mpg. She corners on rails. Interior is ergonomic and attractive as well. I'll never buy another 5spd (6 is the only way to go). I have loved driving it, but haven't been too lucky. Other than the third gear issue, it needs an alignment and has a nasty skip when cold. Also, i can't get xm radio to work (followed the directions in the manual and also got help from an xm rep). Al in all I definitely recommend this to anyone who doesn't need space for family.

Little red light on ceiling, small steering wheel, handling, powerful and fuel efficient

Sub is a joke, make power kick in a little sooner than 6000, backseat only accessible from passenger side?, passenger door stays locked when car is shut off (not driver door though)?

My black beauty
By Tina

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Traded in my '01 Mustang GT auto for my black beauty for a Valentine's Day present for myself. I wanted something FAST, manual trans, and good on gas. After the test drive, I couldn't wait to bring her home. Long trips can be uncomfortable and stiff, but is expected due to the tight suspension. She now has 22k on her. My friends were impressed with how large the interior looked compared to the Civics of the past. I get tried at the traffic light and there is always some punk wanting to race me but I don't have to. The car speaks for itself :-)

6 speed, decent stereo, stock wheels, moon roof, exterior body style, interior style, chrome exhaust tip, red Si letter embroidery, and red stitching on seats, race inspired pedals, digital odometer, quiet interior

Starting to hear rattles in the interior, 3rd gear issue from time to time, plastic scratches easily.