2007 Honda Civic 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2007 Civic Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Excellent Vehicle
By Gregory Herz

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

So far no problems other than a driver's side sunshade breaking. Wonderful daily driver. Looks great, handles great, extremely comfortable even on long drives. Great standard transmission. I look forward to many more years of blissful ownership. For an econobox vehicle I don't think you could do any better.

Favorite Features

Handling, ride, looks, gas mileage, comfort, ergonomics, interior room, backseat comfort, cost of ownership and maintenance

Suggested Improvements

Move the location of the E-brake.

Get your Money's Worth.
By ML.pha

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Civic for just a bit over 1 yr. now. Not ecstatic, but I'm satisfied with what it has to offer. GREAT on fuel! Not to small or too big of a sedan and the price is worth it for what you'll be getting in the long run. Look how great '94 civics are running now days, right? They look almost as close to nice as Acura's TSX- for what your paying for a Honda Civic, it will be well worth it in the future. I'm still enjoying.

Favorite Features

Digital dash (so I know exactly when my tank is running on fumes!), MPG, front headlights look nice, 4 wheel brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Passenger blindspot!!! Be CAUTIOUS for I've come twice to almost hitting a car. Road noise is bad. Engine stalls in wintertime!! Cigarette lighter would be nice.

Great on Gas AND Fun to Drive!
By Jeff

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I drive Highway @ 55-60 mph, I average 35 miles/gallon. Fun to drive and very dependable It's a Honda!

Functionality At Its Best!
By Sam

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I received a job that required me to drive 80 miles a day. My wife and I decided to trade in my 2006 Audi A3 (fast car) to purchase a car with better gas mileage due to the increase in travel distance. Initially, I test drove the Civic EX in A/T and felt it was slightly unresponsive. I later test drove the car in manual and what a difference! You are able to squeeze every ounce of power out of this 1.8 Liter engine. I loved the sound of the engine when I revved to the upper RPM ranges. I have to say, for an economy car with great gas mileage, this is pretty peppy and I'm a horsepower nut. The handling is quite good as well. The car's design lends itself to a low center of gravity.

Favorite Features

Interior gauge cluster and slick 5- speed manual.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly more power(maybe 20 horses would do), better stereo (very week, the Si radio for EX models) and projector headlights like in the Mazda 3.

Bought Another Honda
By melody

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After owning a Honda Accord EX for 17 years I decided to stick with Honda and purchased a Civic EX for it's size for commuting and city parking. Don't really pay attention to the mileage, just fill it up once a week. So far quite pleased. Perfect for a petite person like me. Large and heavy might not be comfortable. Could have a little more pep and drivers seat could be more comfortable. Gauges are well within reach. Nice size trunk. Don't like the headrest, wish it was adjustable.

Favorite Features

It's size. Compact without feeling too small. Sporty look.

Suggested Improvements

Better headrest and seats.

This is not the Civic I once knew
By GMart]

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Wonderful car. Got 35 miles per gallon on first tank, half highway, half city. Well designed and plenty of room, stylish, good energy. Just can't see the front end

Favorite Features

Sunroof, handling and gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

None at this time

Great Small Car
By Dave

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I owned this car for a little over 2 months and put 7800 miles on it. I had no problems whatsoever and I averaged 38.6 mpg while I owned the car. I drive mostly highway (97 miles round trip to and from work), and found this car to be very comforatble. The manual transmission is the smoothest you will find at this price point. It feels like it should be in a car that costs at least $30,000.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, interior design, manual transmission, steering wheel controls

Suggested Improvements

My wife complained about the seats not being comfortable, parking brake location, needs an extra gear, it runs at about 3000 rpm when going 70 which gets annoying

'07 EX Sedan
By Iowa WB

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall a great car. More room inside than my old '02 Subaru WRX. Trunk about the same space. Drives smooth on the highway and around town.

Favorite Features

Economy of course. Solid doors and all the airbags. MP3 hookup.

Suggested Improvements

Leather steering wheel. 20 more HP. Heated mirrors (the Canadians get them). Heated seats for the EX trim level. Car is a bit too loud on concrete highways. Needs a little more insulation. EX should also have XM radio,not just be "XM ready" XM unit is $300 extra.

Very happy with my 2007 Civic
By Eric

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 Civic EX manual in December 2006. The car is a pleasure to drive: impressive acceleration for a 4-cyl naturally aspirated engine, tight handling and quick response. The car gives you confidence when you drive. The exterior design is modern and attractive, and the interior is surprisingly roomy and has a solid feel to it. The seats are comfortable and it can seat 4 comfortably, 5 in a pinch. The mileage has improved with each fill up. In the city I got 25, then 27, and now 28; on the one long trip I took I averaged 36 mpg. My only complaints are the thin paint that chips off easily and the engine whine sound. Overall, I am very happy with my new Civic and recommend it!

Favorite Features

Peppy and sporty engine, confident and crisp handling, comfortable seats, attractive interior and exterior, iPod input jack, and great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Thicker paint, less engine whine, vanity mirror lights, more powerful radio, and a smoother manual transmission (I am being very picky, for the price the Honda Civic is a great deal! If you want more luxury then buy an Accord EX)