2007 Honda Civic 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

LX Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Look for something better
By seang on 10/19/09 10:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Decent car but not worth the $. Poor radio, poor ride quality and extremely loud interior. I'm 6'-2" and fit comfortable in car. Ergonomics are good but the position of the e brake is bad and uncomfortable on leg. Good thing is I got 33 mpg average. On long highway rides, almost 38 mpg. I got sick of the road noise and harsh ride and traded this car in. You can get more car for the money. I traded mine in for a Legacy. For $2K more, you get all wheel drive, awesome radio, awesome ride.

Good buy for under 20K
By DRE on 06/15/09 09:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Got a new ’07 LX manual for under 17k. Great vehicle. I get a "true" 37mpg just about all the time (~70% hwy) except for in the winter. While I wouldn’t call it powerful, it does show oomph if revved high enough (if you have the manual). Corners well enough for an economy car though back end tends to slide out early. Only 4 complaints. The ABS seems to kick in prematurely when doing moderate braking. I had to get both sun visors replaced at about 16k miles. They were both coming apart and would eventually not even go up. Shocks/suspension makes noises when car is very cold (after a few miles it goes away). And as most Civic owners already know, it’s not the quietest ride.

Impulse buy but still smart!
By HItoCA on 10/05/08 02:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was on my way to Costco for milk when I saw this car, test drove it, and bought it on impulse, it replaced a 2004 Scion xB. I love the ext/int styling but wish the trunk was a lil bigger for boxes. love the interior, however, beige gets dirty so easily. Great Handling, Amazing brakes, awesome stereo, love the aux input. I wish i would've opted for the updated pkg with nav/bluetooth/trunk opener/sun roof. One thing, I get a weird rattling from my trunk, and my front left brake had a piece melt off of it, but it was replaced/fixed instantly by Honda no questions asked. Great purchase and I can't wait for the 2010 Honda Insight Hybrid! I average about 475 Miles per tank

Some pluses, some minuses
By perlster on 12/10/07 07:46 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I think it's the best looking car out there. The ride is smooth and comfortable. It has enough get up and go for my needs. I'm disappointed that I've never gotten anywhere near 40 MPG. The door panels are prone to scratches. The driver's side window failed after about six months. Otherwise, no mechanical problems. Incredibly, the owner's manual has no information on the location of or procedure to change the "air cleaner element" (filter).

Most stylish compact car
By luvmyhonda on 08/07/07 13:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car and I can personally vouch for the safety ratings. A month after I bought this car, I was in a head on collision. My daughter and husband were in the car and we walked away without a scratch. This car handles well, has lots of storage space and I get 33 mpg (combo of city and hwy). Not to mention, it looks better than the Corolla, Sentra, and Mazda 3. Honda's last forever and for the price, you can't find a better deal. Not to mention, the resale is better than any other.

Nice car, concerned about windshield
By centellak on 07/21/07 05:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been very nice so far. I like the performance, spacious interiors, the fact that it is not expensive to buy and operate, and the 6 airbags. However 3 weeks after I bought it brand new, the very same day that I was to put the license plates in place, I noticed a chip in the windshield, and I feel confused as it is big enough to not be noticed when it happened. I am in a debate between repair or replacement but I'm concerned that a poor quality replacement installation can lead to bigger problems. I honestly think it is too soon to have problems with this car, and I'm starting to believe that the windshield is weak.

My First Honda
By Magdy Saeb on 07/16/07 11:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After eight years with my VW Passat, I decided to go Japanese. Well, I was right! A sport-like fun-to-dive car. When I touch the accelerator, it roars and jumps with confidence leaving the other guy watching her disappearing. It was love from first sight!

'07 Civic LX 4dr Sedan
By Megan on 07/02/07 14:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased on 6/30/2007. Was looking for a reliable, fuel efficient vehicle since my husband and I carpool together most days and drive about 80 miles a day. Priced all others in class, and the Civic seemed to be the best bang for the buck. We both have fun driving it, and I enjoy the body style. The back end looks similar to that of a BMW or Volvo especially in black or silver. We live in AZ, and it doesn’t seem as if the A/C blows as cold as other vehicles that we have owned (maybe it is just because it is 115 degrees!). Other than that, I think we will have fun enjoying the car for years to come.

Great Car
By Neel on 06/20/07 13:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very good car. After having tested several other vehicles, I decided upon this car as many have told me that it is reliable. I commuter about 100 miles a day, and I average close to 35MPG. The interior design is nice, yet I feel it is a bit extreme. Seat comfort is good and I have no problems driving for more than an hour. My wife took this car to work one day and she loved it. It must be great considering that she drives a Mercedes E320. Once gas prices go back down, I am planning to buy a Mercedes ML 320. I used to have one, but the gas bill was excessive.

You won't go wrong buying this Civic
By Cliff on 05/26/07 13:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Negotiated price was $200 over invoice. Absolutely love the 5 speed manual. Overall, the car is outstanding in everyway. Handles like a go-cart with the 16" tires. Quite, solid, great radio. Dealer was great to deal with. Mileage appears to be in range of mid 30's, but car is still in break in. Like my wife's 2005 Honda Oydessy, expecting many a reliable carefree motoring mile from my new Civic.