2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Bad Rear Control Arms
By kgoz on 06/23/14 16:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 2007 Civics have been involved in a class action lawsuit involving the rear control arms. If you purchase a used civic make sure the rear control arms have the letter "C" stamped on them, otherwise you will rapidly wear out tires. The fix for this problem costs several hundred dollars (and Honda WILL NOT PAY for the repair). Fuel economy is excellent.

Love my Civic
By Warrant on 09/08/10 20:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Civic, I had a 2006 EX automatic and always wanted a manual. I would like to see the steering wheel move more up and down and while I did have 6 broken sun visors I fixed the last set with two well placed Stainless screws and nuts. I love the 33 plus mpg sometimes even 42 if I baby it. The only other thing that is hard to deal with is if you drive west into the sun it is a lot of windshield to blaze the sun in on you.

This Honda didn't make it to 60k Miles
By Diego on 08/10/10 07:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Honda Civic because it's supposed to last for 10 years or 200k miles. For the 4 years that it lasted me, i loved it even though it wasn't perfect. Two new batteries, two new sun-visors, and a cracked engine block later, my Civic is in the dealership service department under the last 1k miles of warranty in question as to whether it will run again. I took care of it with the all required maintenance over these years. What happened to Honda Civics?

I love Hondas
By MilesMom on 04/10/10 09:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love Hondas. This is my fourth one and the CRX I owned had 213,000 miles on it when I upgraded to a new Honda and it was still going strong. I love the design of the 2007 Honda 2 dr coupe. I have had no big problems with it. The rear seat belt ripped and it was replaced at no charge last year. Most recent service was on 4/9/10 at Commonwealth Motors. I would recommend this dealer for service. The express service was done quickly and professionally. The service technician that wrote up the order was friendly and took the time to explain options to me. Waiting area was large and comfortable. Convenient location right off 495.

Throughly Disappointed
By miller31 on 08/03/09 12:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a Disappointment. I just bought the car and it already has more interior noise then any other car Ive ever had. The roof liner is loose the glove box is making noise. Recently drove to Vegas and the power on the car is embarrassing. Took a while to get up to speed to pass slower cars. This thing needs a lot more torque. Not to go fast just to get up to speed fast. Also the front end is so light anytime you take off the tires burn out. Way to much road noise as well. sometimes you cant even talk because the road noise is so over bearing. I do love the MPG. Over all I am disappointed in my purchase and will get rid of it at first opportunity.

Best Car ever!!!!
By shiftgirl on 07/01/08 06:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car one year ago and it currently has over 26,000 miles. Love the stick shift & wouldn't change it for anything. Drive 400 miles or more to a tank! Love the blue light display! Drove it from Houston to Dallas with a little over 1/2 tank. You can't beat that with any other sporty vehicle!!! And the looks I get. Wish I could afford the Si but this will do for now. Paint is too thin so I already have a few chipped dings thanks to flying rocks on the freeway but other than that, I wouldn't change anything

Love This Car
By lynn on 05/05/08 11:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Civic for two months now and LOVE it! I drive about 360 per week and average 36 mpg. This is a huge improvement from my 1999 Tahoe, lol. There is a blind spot in the rear of the car, and the XM ready is a joke. My husband researched how to install it himself and the pictures looked like Civic brain surgery. I must say the fuel mileage more than makes up for any complaints. Fuel in my area has risen to 3.59 a gallon. I love to look and see what the giant SUV next to me is paying for a tank of gas. I always laugh and think 'glad that isn't me anymore!' Also, I am a mother of two and my daughter fit very comfortably in the back seat. All and all this is a wonderful car.

My 1st Civic
By 1st Civic on 03/30/08 11:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my first Civic in 2007 after a handful of people suggested to do so. Overall, I am very happy with the vehicle; I have had no performance problems. For fuel economy, I can get approx. 330 miles per tank driving both on the highway and in the city. It held up well during our horrible winter here in the Northeast; however the car can sway easily in the wind.

Love, love, love this car!
By abby on 01/03/08 19:42 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced my 1999 Civic coupe with this car in May as a little college graduation gift to myself. The more I drive it, the more I love it. Everything about this Civic improved over the one I drove before. The most notable things are the vastly more supportive seats, the odd speedometer that I have come to appreciate and the butter-smooth clutch, which only my boyfriend has managed to stall (and he drives a truck with a stick). It's got more than adequate highway cruising and passing power (though I would have liked to have been able to afford an Si) and a smooth, though somewhat noisy, ride. It handles great in heavy rain. I have not had the pleasure of driving it in snow yet.

Awesome
By Andrew on 11/11/07 06:32 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I recently got rid of a 2004 Mazda 3 sport and I like the Civic much better. I am very impressed with the smooth ride for a car less than $20,000. The cabin is quiet radio is create, manual shifter is very smooth. I drive mostly highway and have been getting around 34 mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.