Used 2007 Honda Civic EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Most Helpful|
Love my Civic
By Warrant

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Civic, I had a 2006 EX automatic and always wanted a manual. I would like to see the steering wheel move more up and down and while I did have 6 broken sun visors I fixed the last set with two well placed Stainless screws and nuts. I love the 33 plus mpg sometimes even 42 if I baby it. The only other thing that is hard to deal with is if you drive west into the sun it is a lot of windshield to blaze the sun in on you.

Favorite Features

I love the display.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see a little more comfort in the seats. They seem a little stiff.

my best yet
By mfriesenborg

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

coming from a 2000 civic ex, i was impressed with the upgrades done in the '07 model. it has been the textbook example of reliability for 120,000 miles. i have had an engine oil leak fixed under warranty, and had to replace the rear control arms (on my own) recently. mileage is always 35-40, and i have gotten up to 42 on long interstate cruises. the interior is harder to keep clean compared to the 2000, mainly due to different texture of the plastic used on door and kick panels. i feel sorry for people who have had worse experiences than i, but the worst part of owning a civic is using the dealership for service.

Favorite Features

comfortable driving position (i'm 6'1") good fuel mileage sporty feeling confidence inspiring

Suggested Improvements

buy quality tires, as the oem tires are generally lesser quality. search online for the best type of tire for your requirements. the coupe could use better visibility looking out the rear windows.

Bad Rear Control Arms
By kgoz

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 2007 Civics have been involved in a class action lawsuit involving the rear control arms. If you purchase a used civic make sure the rear control arms have the letter "C" stamped on them, otherwise you will rapidly wear out tires. The fix for this problem costs several hundred dollars (and Honda WILL NOT PAY for the repair). Fuel economy is excellent.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Fix rear control arm problem

I love Hondas
By MilesMom

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love Hondas. This is my fourth one and the CRX I owned had 213,000 miles on it when I upgraded to a new Honda and it was still going strong. I love the design of the 2007 Honda 2 dr coupe. I have had no big problems with it. The rear seat belt ripped and it was replaced at no charge last year. Most recent service was on 4/9/10 at Commonwealth Motors. I would recommend this dealer for service. The express service was done quickly and professionally. The service technician that wrote up the order was friendly and took the time to explain options to me. Waiting area was large and comfortable. Convenient location right off 495.

Favorite Features

I love the way the Coupe looks inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see better gas mileage. Although this car gets good gas mileage, I was spoiled by my CRX that got 50 mpg.

This Honda didn't make it to 60k Miles
By Diego

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Honda Civic because it's supposed to last for 10 years or 200k miles. For the 4 years that it lasted me, i loved it even though it wasn't perfect. Two new batteries, two new sun-visors, and a cracked engine block later, my Civic is in the dealership service department under the last 1k miles of warranty in question as to whether it will run again. I took care of it with the all required maintenance over these years. What happened to Honda Civics?

Favorite Features

I love the dashboard design and the mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The car is not reliable. And while it's just cosmetics, the sun visor breaks too easily and it's $80 to fix each time.