2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
my best yet
By mfriesenborg on 12/21/14 20:26 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

coming from a 2000 civic ex, i was impressed with the upgrades done in the '07 model. it has been the textbook example of reliability for 120,000 miles. i have had an engine oil leak fixed under warranty, and had to replace the rear control arms (on my own) recently. mileage is always 35-40, and i have gotten up to 42 on long interstate cruises. the interior is harder to keep clean compared to the 2000, mainly due to different texture of the plastic used on door and kick panels. i feel sorry for people who have had worse experiences than i, but the worst part of owning a civic is using the dealership for service.

Never again, Honda. Never again.
By bdshell on 11/03/14 19:54 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I will never own another Honda. I own a 2007 with 77k miles. 1 owner, all routine maintenance done. The engine failed. Coolant leaked into the engine, the head is completely warped. This relates to a known issue but the dealership claimed the block wasn't fully cracked so they won't cover a cent of the replacement. Needing a new engine at 77k miles? That is unacceptable. I am completely appalled with the treatment I have received and will never own another Honda.

Significant problems; I'll never buy another Honda
By kaleto on 08/27/14 17:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

There are glaring problems with this car and Hondas in general. In fact, they had to extend the warranty on many parts. After only a few years, one engine mount broke, the clear coat flaked, and the paint cracked. The CVT transmission lags, which could cause an accident if you're expecting an immediate response from the gas pedal. To top it off, they lied about the MPG when I bought it in 2007--originally boasted at 41 highway, at best I get in the low 30s highway. Bottom line is there are better quality comparable cars, and because of the poor workmanship of this model (and Hondas in general for the past 10 years or so), I'll never buy another Honda.

Bad Rear Control Arms
By kgoz on 06/23/14 16:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 2007 Civics have been involved in a class action lawsuit involving the rear control arms. If you purchase a used civic make sure the rear control arms have the letter "C" stamped on them, otherwise you will rapidly wear out tires. The fix for this problem costs several hundred dollars (and Honda WILL NOT PAY for the repair). Fuel economy is excellent.

Engine Block Cracks in cold weather
By airb on 04/08/14 08:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We had negative temperatures this winter. After that my car was losing antifreeze, but couldn't find were it was going. After a few weeks we found out Honda has a "secret warranty" on the engine block cracking in cold weather in Honda Civics from 06-09 and maybe even 2010. That's what happened to my civic. Honda should pay for this if that's what's wrong. Honda make us jump through hoops to have them fix it. They still didn't fix it, and charged us $700 for just looking at it. Now, we are still fighting to get our money back. This is the biggest part of the engine. Antifreeze went in our oil and messed our engine up and had to buy another engine.

Not happy with Honda
By eric_d on 03/19/14 19:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 32,000 miles on it and now own it with 96,000 miles. This is a good looking car and it is fun to drive. I will give it that...but...this build quality and reliability is horrible. The rear control arms ate away two sets of tires, and am currently waiting on Honda to reimburse me for them. Once on a road trip, some sensor failed and I was unable to go faster than 50 miles an hour. Very unsafe. The dome lights work intermittently as does the third brake light. I just had to replace the motor mount, as that has failed and caused extreme vibrations and loud noises when I shift from park to reverse. The road noise is also very loud. I am very disappointed with Honda.

Great Trouble free car
By hpopik on 01/29/14 16:49 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Honda Civic and it is a great dependable car .Drives nicely and handles well except in snow as it is not good for Alberta snowy winters. I have only 53,000 Kilometers about 35,000 miles and the car is just great. Only one long trip of about 2,000 miles to Great Falls and back to St.Albert, Alberta in Canada. Tires with purchase were of poor quality and I replaced them with Bridgestone Ecopia tires and the car handles better than new. I like the car as mine is black and other than a few dingles which I had detailed out for $275 and car looks like new . Visor had to be replaced on warranty and nothing else other than tires. Great gas mileage and handles extremely well.

1st honda and love it!
By sticks4 on 09/08/13 16:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

First honda, bought it used. A little hesitant with 90,000 miles, but after talking to honda mechanics they said its a baby. Love the ride, the handling, the great gas mileage. I'm a big guy, driving it till my daughter gets her license. Then I may step and get a accord for my self. The day after buying the civic, I bought my my wife the honda crv! Another great vehicle, I LOVE honda.

Junk
By josh510 on 08/28/13 08:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third Civic, which I bought for the looks. What a mistake. Honda cut too many corners. At least they are fixing most issues, but I'm tired of taking the car to the shop. Here are my issues so far. Visors - Honda Replaced Control Arms/Tire Wear - Honda Replaced Motor Mounts - I paid for this Paint going bad - Honda will fix the hood and fenders but not the roof. Water Pump Pulley - Honda Replaced Engine Block Crack - Honda Replaced My other two Civics were great, but this one has been terrible. These repairs were made in addition to replacing the terrible Firestone tires and Honda battery (those both have always been bad). Unfortunately this will be my last Civic.

Name went on before the quality went in
By cc58 on 07/27/13 05:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had my 2007 EX coupe for 80,000 miles and 6 years now. I've learned that honda reliability can be counted on for their recalls. It will fail if you get one. Got recall on bolt failure on water pump pulley. Shortly after the pulley fell out of the engine bay and destroyed a belt. Luckily, no other damage and was fixed for free. Got a recall on visor failure and it failed and replaced free. Got a TSB on motor mount failure, motor started slamming into chassis replaced mount at my expense. In the last few months the paint on the roof has rapidly oxidized under the clearcoat and looks terrible. Unfortunately, no recall yet on the paint and I can not afford to fix it. Honda, never again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.