2006 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Worth the Wait

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Review

Worth the Wait
By L. Skvir on

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I took delivery two weeks ago on my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid after a two month wait. The car was worth the wait and then some. Compared to my spartan 5-speed 1995 Saturn with 225K miles on it, this is the automotive equivalent of man discovering fire. In my first 950 miles of daily commuting and business use I have averaged a very respectable 47.2 mpg. The car is solid and responsive and has the feel of a more expensive car. Compared to some of the outrageous sticker prices on cars today, I feel like I've found a rare bottle of wine in the $5.00 bin. I'm looking forward to driving this car for years to come.

Buying a low emission, fuel efficient car is the right thing to do for the planet, in spite of what articles in the Wall Street Journal might say. I do not view this well made, technologically superior car as an "expensive gadget".

Not being able to fold down the back seats limits the luggage capacity, but this is a monor quibble. I am curious how long the storage battery will last and how much it will cost to replace.