2006 Honda Civic Consumer Review: VERY Disappointed

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Review

VERY Disappointed
By dev87 on

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my 2006 Civic Hybrid in 2009 from a dealer. Was told by the dealer that the vehicle had not been in an accident, but that was a lie. Though that it is not Honda's fault, I can say that I am extremely disappointed on how the car has deteriorated since I got it. Had to replace the 12v battery, Hybrid battery needed an update in 2010 which made my MPG worse, and recently my compressor went out, which is a $1700 fix. Dealer retail is now $2000 less than what I paid 3 years ago, plus if I take into account the replacement of the compressor, I am a good $4000 in the hole. Not something I am willing to fork over for a car that has only gone downhill.

MPG is decent, averaging 37-40MPG, but it was 30-35MPG when my AC was working. Now that I am not running my AC, I am actually getting BETTER MPG. Go figure. Like the Navi and Aux port, plus it is fun and very easy to drive. Sucks that I have put so much into the car and gotten so little out of it.

MPG (not the 50 that was advertised) Poor engine build quality