Unparalleled
By 006_si on
2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I have had this car for 6.5 years and can confidently say that it is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. Performance is superb. Handling is absurdly exciting! As a daily driver, though, it is beautifully well-behaved and placid. Gas mileage is perfectly acceptable, even when you drive it like a speed-demon.
Favorite Features
Holds its value extremely well! I can see why: I've had mine for years and would NEVER sell it. In a sense, the residual is a moot point for me because I'll never cash in on it. The audio system is great. The seats are super-comfy. It is the engine and drivetrain that make this puppy stand out, however. There is little more fun I've had in a car (wink-wink) than going 0-120 mph in the Si... on a race track, of course (again, wink-wink).
Suggested Improvements
The summer tires are amazingly high-performance (I could pull a 3K launch without a single squeak, every time: just face-removing traction remained), BUT the semi-annual changeover is a PITA. Just stick with a good set of UHPAS tires, and keep them on year-round. The twelve seconds a year you'll need the almighty Michelins for just aren't worth the maintenance bother. Better by far to get some forged aluminum racing wheels. The rear suspension has a minor fault - more importantly. It has no camber adjust mechanism. If you bounce over a few potholes and take some damage you'll be out a few hundred just to straighten everything out. I ate up a pair of tires in about 600 miles that way.