This car is way better than Prius.
By Wave3 on
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Bought it 2 weeks ago. Excited with the actual fuel efficiency I am getting. For the first 2 tanks I got 50.4 and 52.6mpg, getting better. The car's sticker says 41-57 city and 43- 59 highway so no surprise some jack- rabbit drivers get poorer mpg but it helps if you know how not to drive. I think the number Forbes reported (26mpg city) is a Detroit hoax. Cool I get zero emission during stops. The car has good power and no problem at highway ramps or steep uphill. Stereo quality is not impressive. A plenty of interior room and the trunk space is fine for a golf bag or a large suit case. Factory window tinting could be darker. My dealer haggled and raised the price at the last minute.
Favorite Features
Voice activation of Navigation system, MP3 playable CD player and so on. Navigation DVD includes southern Canada as well. I even like the smooth aerodynamically designed wheels.
Suggested Improvements
A design flaw. Opening windows right after the rain lets water into the car. I prefer taillamp design of 2DR Civic. Foldeing backseats could be better.