The Future
By qualia on
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
A manly man, I feel the urge to buy a high-powered car. Hybrids are for enviro-weenies, right? I *almost* passed over this magnetic pearl beauty. Wow, am I glad I didn't. Power is more than adequate. While the numbers are not stellar, the car never strains during acceleration. It's smooth, smooth, smooth. And the overall impression is one of exceptional high quality; you're cruising quietly in a spacious canopy with a panoply of high-tech info at your command. Ride is comfy, cornering is tight, body is rigid, response to inputs is immediate. Way out of its price class. So, before you indulge your horsepower craving, test drive this car. 49 mpg so far!
Favorite Features
Amazing mileage, super safety ratings, PZEV (don't blame me for your kid's asthma!), silent intersections during auto stop, voice-activated nav, flash-card audio, exterior design. $2,100 tax credit, no state sales tax in CT make it no more expensive than the EX. Oh, did I mention 49 mpg?
Suggested Improvements
"Integrated Motor Assist" printed on the tach? Looks like that part was designed by microsoft. Take a lesson from Audi/Apple: less is more. Bigger electric motor & battery for better city mpg and performance. Offer bluetooth, traction control, diesel, plug-in option.