The economical pocket rocket
By Jakeo on
2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
The value and performance of the Si are 2nd to none. Handing is perhaps best of any front-wheel drive car due to perfectly-tuned suspension and limited-slip differential. I get 34 MPG highway with 200 hp! Of course, this drops if you drive in the 6K-8K RPM VTEC mode, but I still get 28-30 MPG in mixed driving. Seats are nice, with good side bolstering for cornering, and comes with 8 airbags, a killer 350 watt, 7 speaker system with a sub. I cross shopped the VW GTI, but I know that car will lose its value must faster than a Honda and everything will go wrong.
Favorite Features
Handling, VTEC power, smooth and quiet for a eco-rocket, great stereo (rivals those in BMWs), fuel economy, limited-slip (rules!), Honda resale value and presumed reliability.
Suggested Improvements
Revs do not drop when you take your foot off the gas pedal. This makes it tough to make smooth shifts, wears the clutch faster, and is cumbersome in traffic (when the car does not slow down for 2 seconds after you remove your foot from the gas-pedal -- yikes! Honda needs to reprogram the throttle!