Tall Driver...Little Car
By SiK99 on
2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
Don't let the title fool you. I'm 6'5" tall and have plenty of room in this car. I bought my '06 EX a year ago. I haven't had any problems so far. Some people complain that the seats are not comfortable. No car is perfect and at under $20,000 the seats aren't too bad. Everything on the dash is right where its supposed to be...ergonomics are just right. About 55 hwy/45 cty and I'm getting 35 mpg avg(I kept track of all but 2 tanks since purchase) The main, if only, gripe I have so far is the tires don't last much past 25k miles. ***I also test drove a Mazda3 hatchback found the two cars to be comparable***
Favorite Features
Telescoping Steering Wheel(any car sold these days should have this standard)!!! CD player that plays mp3 and has Aux jack for Ipod or other mp3 players. Love the exterior styling of the sedan even more than the coupe! Oh yeah, 35mpg avg isn't too shabby either. Top notch safety on IIHS website!
Suggested Improvements
Cars sold in NY should all have options for cold weather kits! Tires from factory that last 60-80k miles. Honda left stability control off the non-Si models...Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) says no top safety pick for you Civic! Seriously...Standard Stability Control Please!