SuperCivic!
By CLJ on
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I absolutely could not be happier with this purchase. Bought the car sight unseen since Hybrids are in short supply (and having never owned a Honda before). Much roomier than I had expected and fit/finish of interior and exterior are phenomenal! Quality materials used throughout cabin. Love the split-level dash; very easy to read at a glance and keep an eye on my instantaneous MPGs. The new Civic body style is beautiful. I probably would not have purchased a Civic hybrid if they were still producing the last generation model. In the warmer months I averaged 48-55 MPG, but now that the weather has cooled, I get around 42- 46 MPG. Not bad anyway you look at it, and double the MPG of my old car!
Favorite Features
Obviously stellar MPG is a big one here. Also, the interior has got to be one of the coolest on the market at any price point. Forward-sliding center armrest is a nice touch and plenty of storage pockets/bins throughout. Love the sleek exterior design. Side-view mirror mounted turn signals rock.
Suggested Improvements
I'd like to have the option of a moonroof (I'd be willing to sacrifice a couple tenths of a MPG for one). Nav system should come standard on the Hybrid model. Honda needs to reposition the rear battery pack to allow for a fold down/pass thru rear seat. CVT transmission could be silkier in operation.