2006 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Some thoughts about my 06 civi

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Some thoughts about my 06 civic LX coupe (manual)
By jack_handy on

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car "newish" as a dealer demo from Richmond Hill Honda with +- 12,000 km on it. I had the HPF skirt package installed before I bought it. Today, (Dec 2012) I have over 210k kms on it. I sometimes tow a 700lb trailer with it for camping, I lug a car full of DJ gear with it too. This car's been a delight - a REAL PERFORMER. Muffler went at 100k, front rotors at 150k, battery after 4 yrs; all typical stuff if you ask me. I do the plugs myself and do all the other stuff on schedule. "This car doesn't owe me nothin' :) " and has been 100% reliable ALWAYS. Clearcoat on the hood has failed (cracked/split) and others have experienced same (on forums); I'm living with it.

Love the shifter and clutch. Love the design. Love the HPF skirt package. Love the steering wheel size. Love the grey fabric on the seats and huge front glass.

Steering wheel surface has worn off in spots, shift knob boot and knob itself worn out by 150k kms, driver's sun visor kept falling down. Fixed using 2 nuts/bolts through it to secure the arm within the visor. Stock speakers sound WAY better since replacing factory deck with a JVC unit. I replaced factory horns with Freeway Blasters the first week. Headlights are now weak with the frosted plastic surface. There is a factory geometry issue with the rear upper control arms, preventing proper alignment. (I went thru 3 sets bumpy/uneven tread before solving this) Get Honda's kit or get longer after-market arms for 0deg. camber. I have 225/40/17's for summer. Added turning lights to front .