2006 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Si Fun in the So Cal Sun

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Si Fun in the So Cal Sun
By mykeey on

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Being an owner of a BMW, the feel and performance is similar for a car that is not in the same league. In two weeks, I have driven 2000 miles just because. Once you sit in & start the engine, the feeling is just unexplainable. The deep sound of the engine, the snugness of the seats, and the interior with a look like a cockpit just adds to the experience. I test drove TC, GTI, & Jetta but did not like. Originally I was looking at getting the EX and saw an SI in the lot, the salesman warned me that once I drive the SI, forget about the EX. The way the car takes on curves, accelerates and shifts are really outstanding. Glad to see that Honda did bring more back to the Civic line.

My number one favorite thing is the quickness of the car. When entering freeways with a short on-ramp it is nice to have the ability to get up to speed quickly (when there is no traffic). Lastly, it has many standards that many do not have ie lots of airbags and floor-mats, yes floor mats.

The car needs HID and fog-lights as standards the look does not feel complete and a longer rear-view mirror to help with the blind spots.