My pick for best value overall
By aleighs9 on
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I recently purchased my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid w/ Navigation and it had 79,000 miles on it. I was a bit worried because the hybrid battery expired at 80,000 miles and as we know, they're quite expensive. So far, so good though. At 85,000 miles and going strong. I love the design of the car and feel it's perfect for a young person. I have been getting 36 mpg in town, but it's been under 30 degrees in Iowa and mpg's have improved with temp increase. Love having the 12.3 gallon gas tank, fueling is a breeze. I think Priuses are ugly and love the way my hybrid looks. Everyone else seems to, too. CVT transmission took awhile to get used to - no shifting. But overall, don't hesitate! Buy today.
Favorite Features
Gauge cluster is unique - the car looks like a spaceship on the inside, which I love. I like that it has 10-way adjustable seats but they aren't electric - one less thing to break on an already high-tech car. Navigation voice is pleasant, and screen is user-friendly and large. Love the steering wheel (boyfriend does, too). Very small, sturdy, sporty (and useful with controls). Having a large windshield has been super wonderful.
Suggested Improvements
I'd like a slightly larger engine. This car is hell to drive on the highway - I suffer from a crisis of conscious going over 65 because mpg tanks and the car seems to struggle so much. So I'm left going 60 even though my heart breaks seeing cars pass me by going 80. I'm not a speed racer but I'd like to at least be competitive.