2006 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Turned me into a Believer

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Turned me into a Believer
By Cory on

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

All I can say is wow! The transmission is quite possibly the smoothest I've ever had the pleasure of shifting. Gas mileage has lived up to it's name. The worst tank I've gotten so far is 28 mpg, and that was all stop and go traffic. Average has been 34 mpg with mixed driving. Engine is very quiet, hasn't burned a drop of oil yet. Lots of pickup for a sedan, screaming to red line every once in a while is quite fun. Handling is superb, control layouts are intuitive. Everyone gushes at the deceivingly large interior. Great looks, reliability, performance, never thought I'd drive anything but Subaru. Honda changed my whole outlook. Excellent car I'll recommend to anyone in the future!

Incredibly smooth tranny, LOTS of room for passengers, a/c blows COOOooooold, excellent fuel economy, the entire layout of the interior makes me smile every time I jump in my car, adjustable armrest is great for long drives, sunroof, peppy engine, no maintenance issues, beautiful lines, everything

The wind noise (isn't noticeable if you have music going), and those weird little triangle windows. The stereo is decent highs but not enough low end juice. That's why we have aftermarket stereos i guess :) LOL if those are the only things I'm complaining about, I think we have a winner folks!