Unreliable in its later years
By _pioneer_ on
2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
Look at the problems people are having with this generation of Civic at 8thcivic.com forums. My vehicle did not want to start and it was a key mobilizer problem. The sun visors kept falling down and blocking half of my vision and it took Honda years to issue a service bulletin to get it fixed. My driver window fell down inside the door TWICE due to a plastic clip. Now I just had the engine block crack and the dealership tells me a motor mount is broken and my transmission fluid is leaking a bit. I've had a 1983 & 1999 Civic and currently have a 2000 with 172K miles that has had less problems than this 2006 with 132K miles. Honda's cost cutting has made me buy a Sonata. Honda isn't the same.
Favorite Features
Fuel Efficiency is quite good. Engine doesn't feel devoid of power.
Suggested Improvements
Visibility is an absolute joke thanks to the bulbous front end and the long dash. Reliability is poor, again look at forums to see the problems people have, not here on Edmunds. Steering on the coupe is way overboosted. Suspension on the coupe is unnecessarily harsh. Interior plastics in the backseat area are not staying bolted/glued in. Honda itself never told me about the engine block problem, I had to call them after researching cracked engine blocks and found out this is a huge problem. If you want to buy one and the vehicle 2006-2009, be wary of this problem.
By josh1189
on 10/18/12 12:06 PM (PDT)

Did you buy this Civic used?

By danwat1234
on 07/25/12 22:12 PM (PDT)

Keep your '00 Civic. Stay with it. It's the last year of super reliable Civics.