2006 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Great Little Car For Sure!

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

DX Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Little Car For Sure!
By Bernice Arnold on

2006 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Leased in 2006 and best decision I ever made. Had an oil leak in the first week of leasing but Honda was fantastic in replacing with all new parts and haven't had ANY problems since. Mileage is great and this car handles like a charm. Highly recommend a civic to anyone who wants fuel efficiency, a reliable vehicle and doesn't cost an arm and leg.

Love how it handles on the highway and at the fuel pumps. Comfortable for long drives with good leg room. A solid little car with a no nonsense attitude.

Bit of a blind spot where the pillar separates driver's window and back passenger window. Makes it a bit difficult to see when wanting to change lanes. Have heard from other civic coupe owners who have the same problem. Other then that, I wouldn't hesitate to lease a civic coupe again.
By bernicea
on 03/14/15 10:27 AM (PDT)

I posted the above comment/rating on 08/11/08. It's now March 14, 2015 and I'm STILL driving my 06 Civic coupe! I'm up to 225,000k now and haven't had a bit of a problem. I do mostly highway driving so that might account for something. I am not looking into having my coupe checked out from stem to stern by my mechanic. Want to make sure it's still in great shape. The body's wonderful. Not a lick of rust anywhere. Guess the $500. I spend when first purchased, for rust inhibitor, was worth it. No dents or bruising. My mechanic tells me I should easily get another 200,000K.