Quite Happy
By Reeb on
2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I just bought this car slightly used. I went from a 99 Civic Hatchback and proceeded through a difficult decision process and chose this coupe. Factors and thoughts: I am 33 and live in LA. I think the FIT is the perfect car, but test drove one and considered it strangely a step DOWN from my 99 Civic. Horrible crisis. Also considered: Mazda 3 hatch (family car), Mini Cooper (too hip, limited, expensive and faulty), Scions (too young for me), VW Rabbit (just boring), Prius (boring and expensive). I think that I made the best choice of the available cars. Comments: fun to drive, handling tight, build quality is great, the seats are VERY comfortable, acceleration is astoundingly smooth.
Favorite Features
Remember I am coming from a DX hatchback. The seats are very comfortable. The windshield is so huge I am noticing the tops of buildings. Trunk seems spacious to me, compared to my old Civic. At times, I feel like I am driving an X-Wing Fighter. And I am not a Honda employee writing this.
Suggested Improvements
Not much. I like the smoothness of the drive, from the driving and the acceleration is quite exceptional. The car strangely feels huge compared to my 99 hatch. I did see a FIT on the highway this morning and thought, oh did I make the right choice? So I opened the moon roof and felt better.