2006 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Poorly Built, Unreliable Honda

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Poorly Built, Unreliable Honda
By drgoodson on

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car new and I am very unhappy with it. I first had the problem with the struts/supports in the rear end. One place thought it was bad shocks, but a former Honda certified mechanic figured it out and replaced them after I had worn out 2 sets of tires. Now I've just had the problem with the belt tensioner bolt, although my car was not recalled, and that cost me another chunk of change. I previously owned 3 used Hondas and they were all very good and reliable cars. Not so with this one, so I would advise everyone not to buy one of these as a used car. No more Hondas for me based upon my very poor experience with this car! Whatever happened to Honda reliability?

Today, I can't think of any!

Honda should build reliable cars like they used to, and offer their loyal customers something more than a lame apology when Honda builds one with this many problems! Now I know why Honda only provides a 36,000 mile warranty. Take a lesson from Hyunadi in backing your product.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By gerigy
on 05/17/13 23:37 PM (PDT)

my first 1980 Honda accord is still alive and kicking in NJ, I sold it to a friend 7 years ago; I have/had a Civic 2006 EX less than 20,K, worked ok but suddenly went dead while I was driving yesterday, returning from grocery shopping with fresh fish in auto; kind individuals assisted me at street when it went dead "NO WARNING LIGHTS OR MESSAGES" had it towed to Honda repair, they said it was a bolt to ENGINE BLOCK, NEEDS ENGINE REPLACEMENT, I WAS very upset, b.p. shot upward, had it towed to Honda dealership, am awaiting their response, I read in Edmonds and other car complaint sites that Honda is aware of the cracked engine block, I am a senior citizen, car is garaged, I take excellent care of my Civic, am so shocked at the unreliability of this product, since I always respected Honda's excellent reputation for quality cars, don't know how to resolve this