2006 Honda Civic 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Love my Si

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Love my Si
By DBH on

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

What a fun car to drive! I thought the 2-tier dash would be a turn-off but either I've gotten used to it or Honda really knew what they were doing (probably the latter). Fit and finish are what you would expect from Honda. I am concerned with how my seats will hold up in the long run. They look great now, but what about in another 20,000 miles? I love listening to this engine as I run it up to 8000 rpm out in the country. What a thrill! Although you may have trouble getting your hands on one quickly, it is worth the wait. I couldn't even test drive one at the dealership--had to drive my buddy's si. A great way to celebrate your 45th birthday. One of my all-time favorite cars

Favorite Features

8000 rpm redline. 6-speed short-throw tranny. Cool steering wheel. Racing pedals. 22 degree raked windscreen. Habanero Red Pearl paint. MP3 input. Nice exhaust (look and sound).

Suggested Improvements

Make the 18" wheels standard (they're an option now). Make the steering a little less apt to fly back to center in a heartbeat when you let go of it. The full mask is a real problem to get on--takes about 10 min. for me to get it on properly. Drive by wire has taken me some getting used to.