2006 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Love my Civic Hybrid

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Review

Love my Civic Hybrid
By mg on

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am breaking in and drive all city miles. I am averaging 42 MPG. I do not have to take my eyes off the road to see the large split digital speedometer. The leg/head room is great. The telescoping steering wheel gives even more room. Roomy for its size. Climate control is a plus. Backing up and parking is challenging because the aerodynamic design makes it impossible to see the front and back of the car. I would like to see backup and front cameras. The high windshield wipers are also obscuring the front bumper view. The drive/ride is great and the car is fun to drive. It hugs the road. Safety is a great plus as well. Many handy compartments. Trunk is nice height for unloading groceries.

Price, safety, side air bags, gas/emissions savings, fun, comfortable ride/suspension, locking gas tank latch, remote trunk opener, security system, split digital speedomoter, radio controls on steering wheel, gauges for average MPG use and needed oil change, storage compartments, heated mirrors.

Greater visibility to park and back up or the availabilty of reasonable front and back up cameras. A larger rear view mirror to eliminate usual blind spots. Vehicle Stability Control. Tire pressure monitor. Lower the windshield wipers. Fold down back seats in the hybrid. Eliminate antenna.