2006 Honda Civic Consumer Review: I'm in love with a Civic

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I'm in love with a Civic
By jennerz22 on

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I knew I wanted this car from the moment I saw the Civic Si Concept. I searched and was able to find a Certified 06 with 14k miles on it, $3,000 below what I would have paid new! I love everything about this car. The interior always gets compliments. I have heard, "I love the little blue light" and "Your car looks like a space ship! How cool!" The interior plastic and paint could be of better quality but those are my only complaints. I average about 35-38 mpg in mixed driving. The sound system in the EX is great. 350 watts and 7 speakers! The engine has enough pep and the transmission shifts smoothly but loves to be pushed at times. You can't find a better car in this price range.

Favorite Features

The stereo, illumination, courtesy lighting. I've gotten so many compliments on how nice the car looks. The overall styling is definitely my favorite part about the car. With fuel prices being so high, this car maximizes fuel economy while still giving you enough power.

Suggested Improvements

Put a stronger coat of paint on the car! The paint seems to chip very very easily. Also, the interior plastic scratches too easily.