Hybrid Drivers make it last!
By Easy on
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have thought of making bumper stickers for my Civic but I love it some much I don't want to mar its appearance. I guess I'll have too once I get my HOV sticker. I haven't gotten my registration yet so it will be awhile. Anyway - on with my review. My wife owns a Prius which I have driven so I can nake first hand comparison. Prius hybrid system is slightly better since it can move the car from a stop without the ICE, perfect for traffic jams or congested freeways.The Prius averages 45 MPG so far.The Civic beats the Prius in all other categories. The Prius interior looks cheap by comparison. If you are after the highest MPG car get the Prius, but if you want a fun to drive car get the Civic
Favorite Features
Dash Layout. Mine has the Navi so the PC audio card slot is great, saves me some money buying CDs. Plus it has several sort options, Artist, Album, Folder and even a song search function. The 1.5K extra is worth it.Voice activated Navi is awesome too. Two tone interior looks graet compared to Prius.
Suggested Improvements
I am on my second tank of gas and I average just over 36 MPG or 35 MPG for the 650 miles I have driven. I have yet to see the 50MPG that Honda says it is capable of. I have adjusted my driving habits so this may come later.