2006 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Great Car - EXCEPT.

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

2006 Honda Civic

EX Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic w/Navigation System)

Great Car - EXCEPT.
By mark on

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for almost two years and I still love it except for ONE thing. At 25,000 miles I had to replace all four tires (Bridestone Tourenza) because of flat spots, cupping and feathering. Bridgestone basically said "tough luck" and Honda said that it's obviously a tire problem. In researching this situation I am not alone with this problem. It IS the cars fault due to some faulty struts and suspension components (mostly at the rear). Now I have 4 premium Michelin's and, believe me, I'm keeping a close eye on them for irregular wear. Other than that, this is a great car to drive and is fantastic on gas! I always get 38-40 mpg on the highway, even at 75 mph with the AC on! Nice!

The navigation is great. It has helped me a great deal while traveling. I don't like the fact that an updated DVD for the system (with updated maps/streets) is around $200! That's way out of line. I also like the solid feel of the car. No rattles or wind noise.

Fix the suspension problems! Honda should recall all Civics with premature tire wear problems and reimburse customers for tires. That was a totally unnecessary expense. Those original tires should have lasted at least 60,000 miles. Some people had less than 10,000 when the problems started.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review