2006 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Good but overated

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Good but overated
By Fuad on

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very good looking but the interior quality is rather questionable. Lots of cheap interior plastic makes the interior fragile. The gas mileage is pretty good and the power is adequate. I have a K&N cold air intake system and it helps.I actually had many complements about its looks. Its comfortable on long trips and is fun to drive. If you live in an area with many many potholes, I don't recommend you get this car because it will not take them without a flat tire or other damages.The rear visibility is an issue that you have to deal with if you intend to buy the coupe. I wish I waited a bit longer for a Mazda 3.

Engine is efficient and powerful enough. Great looks. Fun to drive. Short throw shifter. Big trunk. Low maintenance (unless you hit a pothole). 4 wheel ABS disks, standard side airbags, sound system, sunroof. Very maneuverable. snappy transmission and acceleration.

Interior quality! rear visibility.Needs electronic stability. Make the suspension a little bit tougher. Increase headroom (especially in the rear seats).