2006 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Best Car You Can Buy Today

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Best Car You Can Buy Today
By Ian on

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What a great car. It's a safe, practical 4-door mid-sized sedan with incredible fuel economy. The only time you know it's a hybrid is when the engine shuts down at red-lights and at the pump. It's roomy, fun to drive, and of the most cutting-edge technology available for $20k (counting tax credit). It'll teach you to drive all over again. I no longer see how fast I can get somewhere, I see how efficiently I can do it. Sounds goofy, but it is a fun game to play. Don't listen to Consumer Reports when they say the best they could get was 38 mpg. The engine gets better with break- in. My tanks are so far 37.6 (incl. del from Japan), 41.8, 42.1, 44.4 & I'm confident it'll get better. Go try it!

Interior: I fit perfectly. My knees were jammed into the dash of the Prius. Fuel Economy: GreenHybrid.com has a Real Mileage Database where owners enter their actual mileage. Avg for the Civic is 47mpg. The Prius' is 48 mpg. Safety: IIHS.org Best Pick Gold Medal Winner Feeling: It's my Zen Pod:)

Road Noise: could use some sound deadening. Lumbar adjustability would be nice. Sunroof, heated seats, wagon or hatchback, more electric-only mode appearances, plug-in option, better cruise control... This is all wishful thinking. It's the perfect car. It does it all with minimal enviromental impact