After 7,000 miles
By Glen on
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I would recommend reviewing the Civic Hybrid after 6 months or so. I reviewed shortly after purchase and have a few additional comments now that I have had some time with the car. Still a great car and glad I made the purchase. Fairly comfortable on long trips but as in any car, the sitting gets a little rough. Cruise is fairly steady but deviates about one mile/hr over/under the set speed as the engine has to catch up and back off. The audio w/ navi is not really XM ready. It still needs a tuner and a couple other parts. With installation, the dealer wanted $700. Otherwise, this car is one of the best buys. Get the Navi for sure. It is excellent, especially with voice recognition.
Favorite Features
Navi with phone book, excellent economy (avg 44 on long trips, even better in the city). Continuous monitoring of fuel efficiency. Transmission is like an airplane engine taking off when accelerating hard. No shifting, just steady power!
Suggested Improvements
Voice recognition sometimes hears something totally different than the command given. Center armrest needs to be a little higher to be used as something other than a console cover, unless the driver has unusually long arms!