2006 Honda Civic Consumer Review: A regretful buy

2006 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Review

A regretful buy
By Drew on

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car thinking how great it would be to have a good commuter that was also sporty. I figured I would grow to like the interior/exterior. I could not be more wrong. I plain out despise the power delivery. Normal driving I almost never see vtec, so it's just like driving around a civic ex for 90% of the time. The handling is great, but how often do I REALLY need to push it to 9/10s? After reading the reviews of the si vs gti more, I finally get it. The gti is a much better daily car for what it's meant for. Every magazine did track test, things almost no drive is really going to see. Both cars are just as fast on the street, except I like power down low over vtec.

I love the precision steering and sleek look over most hatchbacks. Also I like how it really doesn't stand out too much from other cars that seem to beg the question "wow what's he trying to prove?"

Seriously need to get some torque honda! Can't stand the pedestrial feel as I'm taking off from a stop light and have another 5k rpm before I feel any power. We all know if honda made turbo engines they would easily sell. One last thing, what the hell is up with the dashboard? Did not grow on me.