Used 2006 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

She's a keeper
By dotsara

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

In the last 6 months I've owned this car: it's been nothing but a breeze. For all its Si accoutrements, it's a Civic. Driving? Not a breeze so much as storm-speed winds. Because it is awesome. It's the most fun I've ever had driving the car, I love it a little bit more each time I fire it up. It's quick, nimble and uncomplicated.

The two-tier instrument panel, the full dashboard, the short throw on the clutch.

All of the '06 Civic coupes I've ridden in seem to have a funny knocking noise at the rear on the passenger side; it'd be nice if that went away.

Si complete
By tmsou

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned 9 new cars and bought this for my son, this car is unbelievable, full of power, safe and fun to drive. A bit too peppy for a teenager.

Vtec,

none

Fun but....
By Si dave

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My honda civic is fun, fast and can handle the road like it was on railroad tracks! The only complaints i have with the car is rattling in the engine above 6,000 rpm's in which i was told was the heat sheild. Also, on the inside of the car the two panels that run parallel with the windshield vibrate. Although the car is everything i wanted and expected i wish the dealer could fix these two minor problems( but they drive me insane). If anyone could give me an alternate reason to the rattling in the engine it would greatly appreciated.

V-tech screams down the road!

more effort on the interior and maybe some si leather would be sweet condidering the rsx comes with leather.

First Honda
By Mike

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Had the car 3 months. Took over a month, and 3 service visits, to finally fix driver's interior door pull handle. The fix ultimately required replacement of entire interior door panel. One of the slides for controlling air conditioning air direction on the dash came apart. Thank goodness I found it before it fell down into the air duct. There was an annoying rattle from the passenger door area. Found it to be the plastic fixture/clip which holds the visor in place. I fixed the rattle. Digital clock on the radio picks up 2-3 minutes per month. I update it about every 3 weeks. Was told me it would require replacing the entire clock/CD module. I don't want to do that, so I will live with it.

Engine, transmission, suspension, handling, acceleration, ergonomic layout for driver, trunk capacity, split/fold down rear seats

Always "on" 12 volt power outlet, better quality control on interior

Great Car
By Carfanatic

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car on 8/25/06 after a 2 month wait. I have not been disappointed. Even though I am still in break in and have not gone into I- Vtec, I can tell this car has alot of power. The fit an finish is awesome.

Sound of engine and exhaust. The dual stage gauges. Numerical speedometer. Sterao. 6 Spd Manual.

None.