2006 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Pleasantly surprised!
By jocool459 on 03/04/06 04:11 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When my daughter told me she wanted this car for her 16th birthday, I thought "surely you can do better than a Civic". My opinion of the previous Civics was not very high. I researched it and was impressed with what I found, so I was game. Then I test drove it! We bought it that night! I love, love, love this car! It handles well, is easy to drive, has power when you want/need it, it feels good and sounds good! It has standard features you would normally find in a luxury car...radio controls at your fingertips, moon roof, premium sound. I just wish we would have ordered one with the navigation system. It's compactness sometimes makes it hard to "fold" into/out of this car!

2006 Si, review after 1,500 miles
By ginobilieee on 03/03/06 14:00 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Downside: Firm ride for those not use to sports suspension. Back seats, though roomy enough for anyone under 6'is not made for getting in and out of often. Upside: Everything else: Handling, speed, traction, stereo, size (I am 5'11, 160lbs). Seats fit perfectly, engine sounds great and is easy to rev up to get going. Mileage checked over 3 tanks hovers around 29mpg. Overall a quality little car for the money. Double Upside: iVTEC will scream when revs hit 6K+ (wait till broken in!!)

2006 Si
By T on 03/03/06 08:07 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the 2006 Honda Si after a great deal of research and many vehicle test drives. As a matter of fact, I test drove it, then called the dealer two hours later and told him I wanted it. After owning the car for a day, a rattle developed in the back. I began searching for the cause and determined that the passenger side rear seat was not latched - problem solved. When cruising, the car is very quiet, but accelerate up through the gears and the tuned exhaust sings as the engine tachs up. Cornering is a dream in this car with virtually no body roll, and the deep buckets really hold you in place.

awesome
By mr bear on 03/02/06 18:11 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

the spaceship is an awesome experience. from time you turn the key this car does nothing but respond to your every whim. whether it is accelerating, passing, shifting, manuvering, or handling you feel in total control of your every move. kudos to honda & its formula one racing team. your engineers can take a graceful bow...awesome.

2006 Honda Civic Si
By wpafbcableguy on 03/01/06 23:52 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have 6500mi on the car now. Most people regret new car purchases but not with this car. I upgraded from an 02 Honda Civic Ex w/ 40,000mi. If you are serious about this car and you find one thats not already sold, go for it. You will not be disappointed

2006 Honda Civic SI
By GB on 02/28/06 17:34 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the 2006 SI on Dec 10/05, and can say it has great value for $$, great handling, great power and good interior quality; would suggest it to anyone to buy.

2006 Honda Si
By beckyr111 on 02/27/06 04:27 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Test drove car on a whim last week and purchased one on Friday! What a hoot. Much more fun to drive than my 2000 Corvette w/ 6 speed. I let several friends (who own sports cars) drive the car this weekend and they were very impressed with the the total package. Their guess on price....25 to 27K. Handling limits are way beyond my capability. The car handles like it's on a rope with summer tires being very sticky. Car is comfortable while cruising, handles bumps really well and will easily exceed any speed limit without being noticed by the driver.

Nice surprise
By Adrian on 02/27/06 03:01 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just traded my 04 TSX for the Si. Although some people at work have told me I step down from a nicer car; I feel like it was a wise choice since I only had to come up with a couple of K's out of my pocket to drive off with a car with tons of horsepower, technology, and design. As gas prices are on the rise, I'm sure a lot of SUV lovers will start discovering the beauty of 197 hp and 31 mpg. 6 speed manual transmission, navi, sunroof, sport seats, etc on a $22k car? Why would anybody be driving anything else than Honda/Acura products???

2006 Civic Si - Impressed
By Macydog on 02/26/06 14:48 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Best car I have ever owned let alone driven. Interior style, look and quality is that of a $35K car. 6 speed shifts like butter, clutch is perfect. Car launches like a rocket and when you hit 6,000 RPM's hold on tight because it will scream right up to 8,000 in every gear. Raced some 2006 3.5 Liter Altimas from rolling at 40 and I could barely see them in my rear view mirror at 110 mph. Honda has built a dream.

Never knew driving was so much fun!
By Steve on 02/25/06 13:11 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Civic Si now for just 4 days/200 miles. So far, I absolutely love it! The driving performance, interior quality, sound system all surpass what I expected. I was lucky to find one in a local dealer's inventory (it was the only Si available in a 30 mile radius from Indianapolis).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.