Used 2006 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Si

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Most Helpful|
Great car
By CivicSIGuy

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car performs well and has good interior & exterior styling & solid build quality. People talk about the torque but you can't be afraid to let it rev to get acceleration. BTW it sounds great when reved. It's a fun car but, you must drive carefully in the city & around traffic. Watch out for stuff on the road because of the sports suspension. For some reason Honda put airbags in the back of a coupe where you rarely have passengers. The c pillars are so big that they make blind spots. This is the sportiest civic people have been waiting for but it amazes me that people now complain about it being too sporty. There are going to be trade offs. Those guys should get something else.

Favorite Features

Quick acceleration, high reving engine, nice interior layout, good value, the closest competitor is the gti which is more expensive

Suggested Improvements

I have no idea why they do not have a lock on the glovebox. The seat material seems like it would snag but not damaged yet. Make smaller c pillar to remove blind spot. The long nose doesn't give you the upclose view of the road like previous Hondas.

Fun Car
By dmoney03

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The first year I had it, I drove it over 23,000 miles. It is fun to drive, but the long trips aren't the most comfortable for a 6' guy. Fuel economy is around 31 mpg on the interstate and 25 mpg around town. I keep it well maintained. That might be the reason for such mileage. It has plenty of power and response. It does seem to be a little heavy coming around the corners, but it will hold the whole way. The only complaint I have, is the rattle in the rear speaker deck from the sub and speakers. My personal opinion is, get the lip kit. It makes it look so much better and aggressive.

Favorite Features

Fast, fun, economical, lip kit, head tuner. Thanks Honda!

Suggested Improvements

Rear Speaker deck rattles.

Sweet little Si
By Jim

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 1st Honda Si in 1987, and loved everything about it. Sold it with over 200,000 miles and the engine was still perfect. The 2006 gives me the same feeling. This engine is the sweetest engine you will find. It loves to rev, and the sound is pure music. Currently have over 3,000 miles on mine and have enjoyed every mile. It's really amazing this day and age that you can find a sporty, well made, did I mention "fun" car for low 20's. You really need to drive one to know what I'm talking about. Kudo's to Honda for making a great car. Jim in Tennessee

Favorite Features

Navi, steering wheel controls. Telescoping steering wheel, 6 speed transmission, engine, looks. Gas mileage, and Honda reliability

Suggested Improvements

None

inflated popularity hype
By angelwings1

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Do you know what car sales people do when its slow? They create free email accounts, fake user names and positive experiences and then post them on this and other consumer review web sites. Wow did this car put me on a financial roller coaster. If you think reliability when you think Honda, you have been brainwashed. Everywhere, I mean everywhere I took this car for a repair, I would get a report card of failing components with price tags and labor costs equal to 20 percent of the value of the car! I bought this car twice after 4 years, I mean, the same car cost me 22,000 in maintenance and purchase price was 22,000 4 years B4. Best advice if you like this car, buy one new, sell after a yr.

Favorite Features

Driving it after it was repaired, knowing I had a month before it would break down. It gave me time to save some money for the next repair. Also, the day I sold the car.

Suggested Improvements

Quality control for the steel used in components like control arms and steering stabilizers, these are felonious in their ability to maintain integrity of safely controlling the vehicle.

Buy it... or die tryin'
By Vekis

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Most bang for the buck on the road. A really fun ride. The first car I ever just wanted to take for a ride for no good reason. Great acceleration and handling. Quick, responsive and a real eye-catcher. The habenero red pearl looks terrific.

Favorite Features

Gear box. Pedals. Console. The surprising room.

Suggested Improvements

The soft textured interior gets scratched easily.