Used 2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

No Complaints Here!!
By Kane

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2006 Honda Civic. It's a comfortable car to drive. It actually does great on gas which is quite helpful these days.

Favorite Features

I especially love the dashboard!! The way it lights up at night and the digital odomoter is pretty nice too.

Suggested Improvements

The front of the car is a bit too slanted down, I think. Sorry!!

Great purchase--very impressive!!
By drfid

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! I had an Acura TL before this car, and thought I'd have to eat humble pie by purchasing an TL. We built a new house further away from work, so it became necessary to downsize and get something more economical. I too, like another owner, have had my car two weeks, and I have yet to require a fill-up. The car's design is great, with a very convenient instrument panel. I obviously have sacrificed power, and the fabulous sound system of my TL, but hey, the stereo is pretty great. I love the MP3 jack for my Ipod (I had to install that aftermarket in the TL). I would recommend the 5 sp manual--makes it very fun to drive. I've had a lot of people look at my car--they bought too!

Favorite Features

Love the mpg!! The instrument panel is well-lit and convenient. The cup holder securely holds even the most awkward of cups. I like the microfiber seats--a real relief with kids! It's nice to have curtain airbags standard. I added alloys to my LX--looks sharp! I highly recommend this car!

Suggested Improvements

Make the trunk a standard button on the remote of the LX model. That's been difficult getting used to--somewhat of a pain to open it with a key. Look what luxury and convenience has brought me to.

Civic is the Ultimate Value
By Brennan

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The new Civic is a great value, the car drives and feels like a car that should cost about $25k. Honda has done a superb job with their designing, engineering, and technology improvements. There's not another car on the market that is anything like it, and that explains why it is the hottest thing out right now. It's no wonder Motortrend voted it Car of the Year. The Civic is just the perfect size car, it's great for in town driving but does suprisingly well out on the interstate because of the five speed transmission. On a recent trip, I got 39.8 mpg on the interestate (I had the cruise set at 77mph). In town I'm getting about 27mpg. Honda is the best car manufacturer right now by far.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are: XM radio, innovative dashboard, sunroof, nice feeling armrest and shifter, seat height adjuster, telescopic steering wheel, great cupholders, steering mounted audio controls, incredibly precise steering, and awesome feeling steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Honda should have used the seats that they used in Coupe in the Sedan as well. They are a lot more comfortable and supportive. XM "ready" should actually be set up for XM with no additional cost (about $400 to get it up and running).

Best Car Ever
By Oceana

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've always driven Honda Accords (used) and decided to finally purchase a new vehicle and without a doubt it would be a Honda and after driving the Civic there was no question. I bought the Civic EX model and this is the best car I've ever owned and the manual transmission is the smoothest of any I've ever driven. This car has a lot of power for a 4 cyl and the 2 tier dash is awesome and it's hard to ever speed w/ the digital odomoter right in front of your eyes. If anyone is looking for a reliable car that is so much fun to drive, this is the car for you. I can't say enough about how great and comfortable this car is.

Favorite Features

The 2 tier dash is awesome and the brightness looks really great at night (reminder it can be dimmed). The stereo and speakers are great for this car. I love the feel, comfort and style of this car. I also got the moon roof visor and it gives the car a more sporty feel and looks great.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements I can speak of would be that maybe Honda could provide more color choices and maybe leather seats. Other than that this is an awesome car.

Love this car!
By lindoug

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have this car for two weeks. First tank of gas I averaged 45 MPG. The odometer right in front of my face reminds me to take it easy when I drive. I was doing too many jack-rabbit starts and always trying to get ahead of the other guy which wasted fuel. The MPG gauge and the odometer keep me from my bad driving habit so now I am saving money. Plenty of pep for the highway and handles very well. Very comfortable, everything is in easy reach, cup holders, radio, climate control. I have mapped out two trips with the navigation and it was right on the money with directions. Want to know where the neareset chinese restaurant is? Just say nearest chinese restaurant and several are displayed.

Favorite Features

Everything on this baby is standard except for navigation system which is awesome! I don't have to take my hands off the wheel for anything because the audio, climate control, cruise control are all voice commands. Or I can use the controls that are on the steering wheel for audio and cruise.

Suggested Improvements

More padding for the driver seat. Or maybe I should lose some weight.