2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
My new Spaceship
By monster on 10/22/05 02:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have done my research and it paid off. Everything about it is so different from any other car out there! Safety features are outstanding for a car in this class. I can't say enough about this car. I am 6'1 and fit in the car perfectly. as long as nobody plans to sit behind me.

Finally the Civic of Dreams is here!
By Frisco on 10/19/05 02:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just recently purchased the '06 Civic EX coupe 5 speed Auto w/o Navi. This car rocks! Handling is amazing, so much fun to drive. The interior is packed full of ergonomic features. The exterior is stylish and modern. The car's wider base gives it a heavier feel and makes it seem like the vehicle hovers over the road. Love the 2 level instrumental panel display. I like seeing the speedometer reading with my peripheral vision. The seats offer great lumbar support for those long drives. I had friends ride in the back seat and they said that the ride was comfortable and smooth. This awesome, new and much improved Civic can do no wrong & to think I was going to buy a Scion Tc!

Awesome Car Couldn't Ask For Better
By Park on 10/17/05 09:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car! I've had it for a few days now and LOVE the new interior design. I bought the manual because I didn't care for the lack of power of the older model auto Civic Coups and I'm certain I made the right decision. There is plenty of get-up-and-go. Cornering is excellent and steering is very tight. Though odd, the most notable improvement I noticed immediately is the design of the cup holders. I can't count the number of times my drink has fallen out of the cup holders in my older Honda. The new one has spring loaded bars that hold your cup in tightly. The 2 power outlets are nice if you have need of them. Trunk is very roomy. I'm 6'2" and there is plenty of room for me!

Love It. First Impressions
By GSIndy on 10/17/05 02:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Everyone is talking about how great this car is. I agree, overall. But as counterpoint to the glowing reviews, I thought I'd give a few negative impressions from my first few days of driving it. First, the parking brake handle digs into my right knee when my foot is off the gas (cruising). Second, I find the speedometer distracting. It is always in your line of vision and I find myself paying a bit too much attention to it at the expense of watching the road. I can hear the gas sloshing around in the tank when I come to a stop (radio off). Radio features are nice, but sound quality is less than I expected, AM especially poor. These are overall, minor flaws in an otherwise GREAT car.

Great car, fix the headrests
By marka on 10/16/05 11:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Nice car. Good mileage (38mpg @ 1200 miles, mostly highway). 5 speed auto is nice, even coming from a stick, though I could do without it downshifting quite so aggressively. Only major problem sounds silly... The front headrests are too far forward, pushing your head forward and making it _very_ uncomfortable to drive for some folks (and my wife is one of them...) We didn't notice it on the test drive with all the other "I'm in a new car" stuff going on, but be sure and check it out if you're considering one of these.

WOOOAH!!!
By Matt Landers on 10/16/05 11:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The 2006 Honda Civic is one of a kind with all it has to offer. I've had a lot of Civic owners stop and take a second look. Honda proves that an economy car doesnt have to look like one. With many new standard features, tight fit and trim, and comfortable dash layout I feel as though I got some good bang for all of my bucks.

My Fourth Honda
By KPeck33 on 10/15/05 22:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This will be the 4th Honda I have owned in the last 15 years. This, by far, is the best yet. I just cannot believe the overall look and feel of this car. I never though in my wildest dreams that I would own a Honda that turned heads. I think Honda hit the nail on the head with this coupe. The dash design is great, stereo is awesome. The fuel economy in this thing is just amazing! I almost want to give this low ratings just in the hopes of being the only one in the neighborhood with one. If you are reading this for research, GO AWAY, I want this to myself!

Very Happy LX Owner
By gabagooo on 10/15/05 07:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After 2200 miles I must say that we are very happy. Average MPG is 34 city and 39 highway. I recently drove the car on a 14 hour drive and the seats were uncomfortable after just a few hours of driving. While on vacation, the car was parked under a tree and suffered acron damage on the hood - I think that the hood sheet metal is a bit thin. The overall driving experience is excellent, however, the auto transmission seems to search for the correct gear on hills and highways - it is slow to up and downshift. Build quailty and materials are excellent - our Atomic Blue Civic (which we call Pug) was built in Japan and I am hoping it will provide years of safe, reliable service.

AWESOME
By Jason on 10/14/05 21:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is great. The LX has everything I would want in a car. The price may be a little more than the Corolla, but I feel the quality isn't even comparable. The ride is SMOOTH. I have the automatic and the shifts are so smooth you can't feel them sometimes. I LOVE everything about this. I have no complaints thus far

2006 Honda Civic LX
By Brandon Vang on 10/13/05 20:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Very nimble and smooth to drive. Needed more leg room, but this is expected out of any compact vehicle. Uses gas like a sparrow drinking water out of a bird bath. I can easily get 500 miles to a full tank of gas on the Highway. I'm amazed....yeah!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.