Used 2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Gas mileage
By Phil

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I traded a Tundra for this civic purely for better gas mileage. I'm averaging over 31 MPG. I'm pleased with the performance and the overall fit and finish. If you're looking for an interstate cruiser, soft and heavy, this ain't it but if you need a commuter that is responsive, gets good gas mileage and sits 4 quite comfortably, you should give it a look.

5 speed A/T is surprisingly smooth. Space ship digital led display gauges take an hour to get used to, then you love them.

Although the rear seat back folds down as one unit, I'd prefer a split seat back for more versatility.

I love my new hybrid!
By Sulako

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my 2006 civic recently and I think it's great. It sips gas, it's zippy and I enjoy the small refinements Honda has made since my 2003 30th anniversary edition Civic. I never get tired of watching the engine tach go to zero when I come to a stop, and I have had no problems with any of my previous Civics, so I'm expecting the same with this one. The only thing I'd like to see is the GPS package available in Canada - it's not even an option, which is too bad cause I would have gotten one for sure.

Great mileage reliable quiet decent factory stereo good climate control FUN TO DRIVE!

GPS package for Canada. Heavier interior door handles - the current ones are a little plasticky. Different wheel rim - not a fan of the current ones.

No Complaints Here!!
By Kane

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2006 Honda Civic. It's a comfortable car to drive. It actually does great on gas which is quite helpful these days.

I especially love the dashboard!! The way it lights up at night and the digital odomoter is pretty nice too.

The front of the car is a bit too slanted down, I think. Sorry!!

Great purchase--very impressive!!
By drfid

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! I had an Acura TL before this car, and thought I'd have to eat humble pie by purchasing an TL. We built a new house further away from work, so it became necessary to downsize and get something more economical. I too, like another owner, have had my car two weeks, and I have yet to require a fill-up. The car's design is great, with a very convenient instrument panel. I obviously have sacrificed power, and the fabulous sound system of my TL, but hey, the stereo is pretty great. I love the MP3 jack for my Ipod (I had to install that aftermarket in the TL). I would recommend the 5 sp manual--makes it very fun to drive. I've had a lot of people look at my car--they bought too!

Love the mpg!! The instrument panel is well-lit and convenient. The cup holder securely holds even the most awkward of cups. I like the microfiber seats--a real relief with kids! It's nice to have curtain airbags standard. I added alloys to my LX--looks sharp! I highly recommend this car!

Make the trunk a standard button on the remote of the LX model. That's been difficult getting used to--somewhat of a pain to open it with a key. Look what luxury and convenience has brought me to.

Civic is the Ultimate Value
By Brennan

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The new Civic is a great value, the car drives and feels like a car that should cost about $25k. Honda has done a superb job with their designing, engineering, and technology improvements. There's not another car on the market that is anything like it, and that explains why it is the hottest thing out right now. It's no wonder Motortrend voted it Car of the Year. The Civic is just the perfect size car, it's great for in town driving but does suprisingly well out on the interstate because of the five speed transmission. On a recent trip, I got 39.8 mpg on the interestate (I had the cruise set at 77mph). In town I'm getting about 27mpg. Honda is the best car manufacturer right now by far.

My favorite features are: XM radio, innovative dashboard, sunroof, nice feeling armrest and shifter, seat height adjuster, telescopic steering wheel, great cupholders, steering mounted audio controls, incredibly precise steering, and awesome feeling steering wheel.

Honda should have used the seats that they used in Coupe in the Sedan as well. They are a lot more comfortable and supportive. XM "ready" should actually be set up for XM with no additional cost (about $400 to get it up and running).