2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 84

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2006 Civic
By ndtorrez on 10/31/05 15:55 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car about two weeks and I love it! The nighthawk black with blue pearl is an awesome color! Drives well and looks better! I would recommend the 2006 Civic to anyone!

Almost All Good Feelings
By mielejd on 10/29/05 12:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I.m writing this with about 500 miles on it. Feels solid, well built, yet nimble enough for point-and-shoot driving. You don't drive this car, you wear it. It fits very well! Love the intelligent automatic that holds a higher gear when running downhill. Engine and trans are well-mated. Shifts are seamless and go unoticed. Even when revving hard, motor doesn't sound strained. All-wheel disc brakes work very well, but are difficult to modulate. They bite hard with the slightest touch. Knobs and buttons well located, easy to use with a rich feel. I'm 5'10", 170lbs and I can sit comfortably and well-positioned relative to steering, pedals, and other controls. My teenager and I love this car!

Like the civic sedan a lot
By Dave on 10/28/05 22:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an LX then added a moon roof. Have put 2200 miles on it already, commuting 50 miles a day & take on some business trips. Great little car! I am 6'3" and found this is one of very few small cars I fit in comfortably. Drives & handles great. Mileage is averaging 35-37 commuting, got 41 on a short interstate trip. Well built, have had no problems. For the money a well built, great driving vehicle. Expect to have for numerous years. Power is good for the size/price. Have hauled 4 adults comfortably

What SUV???
By David on 10/28/05 19:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

What a surprise. Who knew that Honda would make a car with the tech features I demand, the mileage I need and price it at $21,100. I traded my luxury SUV with Nav, Power everything and 14MPG for this little "economy car" that gets 38MPG Hwy at 75MPH. I literally test drove the fresh off the truck Civic 1 block and told the salesman it was sold. Great car. It actually feels less like a Japanese econobox and more like a euro-inspired sedan with tight handling thanks to the 50-series standard tires. The Navigation is better than my Infiniti's and it doesn't break the bank at the pump. Buy it and pay cash. Take the rest of the money and invest it!

2006 Civic Sedan
By Maureen on 10/28/05 00:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Incredibly impressed with this car. Thought I was buying an economy, dull car. This car drives like a formula one sports car. Great on gas, handles like a dream, roomy for such a small car.

Enjoy the driveability
By David Caldwell on 10/26/05 13:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Love the new Civic so far. Only one problem, the SRS restraint warning light stays on about 1 out of every 5 trips. Took it to dealer and diagnostic codes were not downloaded on tester yet, so I am not sure why this happens intermitently. Probably just a false warning light. We will see.

Fun to drive
By k&b on 10/24/05 18:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had the Civic for 2 weeks now and loving every minute of it. Took a long trip this weekend with the 2 kids and it was a tight fit with the car seats but it is a "compact" car. We now have 1200 miles on the car and have gotten 35-36 mpg. It is a very responsive car and fun to drive. No problems thus far. Highly recommend it if it is not to small. (the drivers seat fits tall and short people very well thanks to the adjustable steering wheel and seat)

06 Honda Civic LX
By Peter on 10/24/05 17:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda purchase and it sure wont be my last. The car looks and feels like a million bucks. For a small affordable car it is loaded and drives like a more expensive car. The 5 speed automatic shifts vey smoothly. I have taken the vehicle for a weekend trip andd it perform wonderfully. Very comfortable ride. Highly reccomend.

I never thought I would drive a Honda
By Jill on 10/24/05 15:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

A few months ago, my husband and I were test driving cars. He loves Honda. (I had a Ford Focus ZX3 that I just loved, but he felt it was too small for him. He is 6'2".) We test drove the 2005 Civic EX, and I didnt like anything about it. Then, we saw an ad for the new 2006 Civics, and we decided to give it a try. Wow! Am I glad we did. We bought one that day. I truly enjoy driving it in traffic or on the highway. The gas mileage has been excellent. The engine is so quiet. The performance of this car is outstanding. I get looks all the time from other Honda drivers, checking out the new, sleek style of the Civic. I absolutely LOVE this car!

Great little car
By Denessa on 10/24/05 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Honda purchase. I was looking for good gas mileage & a fun car. The price was excellent and the gas mileage is even better. The 2006 Honda Civic EX 2 door coupe handles well and drives very good & smooth, the trunk space is spacious for a small car. I plan on keeping it as a starter car for my 13 year old.