Used 2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Exceeds Expectations
By Ron

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had this car for a week and have less than 200 miles on the odometer. Currently the car is delivering 43 mpg, slightly better than I expected for a vehicle that is not broken in. The construction appears to be very solid and this is the quietest car that I have ever owned and I've owned a lot of cars from the top of the line to junkers. The car hanles very well although the suspension is a little stiff for a non-performance auto. I am 6'2" tall and have more than enough room to be comfortable. The auto engine shutdown takes a little getting used to but overall it's unobtrusive. So far, I am very pleased with this purchase.

Favorite Features

Exceptionally good gas mileage. Solid construction.

Suggested Improvements

A method to shut down the auto engine stop function in creeping stop and go traffic.

honda coupe 2006
By Jennie

2006 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The dash has the best miles per hour and lighted dash I have ever seen in a car. The speed you are going is displayed where you hardly have to move your head down to see it. I looked at a lot of cars, it is by far the best for the money.

Favorite Features

dash set up and exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

at dusk the instrument panel is hard to see.

Love at first gear
By Kathy

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Honda has come out with a truly outstanding vehice. Changing this year from the boxy hatch back that is so mimiked by everyone else, to a truly phenominal vehicle. Spacious passenger space and plenty of cargo space, all packed in a fast and efficient piece of machinery. The new innovation of the displays, speedo above, others below is a crowning touch to a true masterpiece. The energy is best described when I tell people that I am in third gear doing 50 and then shift to 4th. The vehicle understands when you are in gear to travel, and switches to being in gear to perform, on demand. Good job HONDA Motors. And thank you, Kathy

Favorite Features

Favorites would have to be the duo dash displays and the gas efficiency.

Suggested Improvements

Hardly ANY complaints. Back seat is hard to load cargo, but I realize that is characteristic of a two door.

The Perfect Car
By Cybergypsy

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had read all the good and bad about the new Civic coupe, I ran out and bought a Raylle Red, with Navi, I love this car, MPG is about 35, which is awesome.The lighting and Navi are the best I have found yet, and no problems to date.

Favorite Features

Lighting and navi!

Suggested Improvements

Gas cap holder... thats it

Gas mileage
By Phil

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I traded a Tundra for this civic purely for better gas mileage. I'm averaging over 31 MPG. I'm pleased with the performance and the overall fit and finish. If you're looking for an interstate cruiser, soft and heavy, this ain't it but if you need a commuter that is responsive, gets good gas mileage and sits 4 quite comfortably, you should give it a look.

Favorite Features

5 speed A/T is surprisingly smooth. Space ship digital led display gauges take an hour to get used to, then you love them.

Suggested Improvements

Although the rear seat back folds down as one unit, I'd prefer a split seat back for more versatility.