2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 83

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2006 4DR CIVIC EX
By Virginia O'Brien on 11/09/05 14:43 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This Honda has definitely redefined the driving experience for me- I totally enjoy this vehicle and am happy I purchased it.

Great Car
By RH on 11/09/05 14:42 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love my new Honda Civic! After test driving many other cars, I'm happy that when I finally made up my mind to buy, the new version of the Civic was available. I never would have considered any of the older versions. This new version is stylish (I've even been told that it looks futuristic) and classy. The ride is smooth and the interior is roomy for a small car. My husband is 6'6" and he has more than enough room! I am very pleased with my new car and highly recommend it to anyone in the market for a small, economical, but stylish car.

I love this car!
By stratcat99 on 11/09/05 11:56 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The best part is the mileage. You just can't beat it. It has a sleeker feel than older civics that I have driven. Seats are very comfortable, and I fit well in it. I am 6' 5" so that was surprising. I love the look of the new dash. I got the manual trans, and I like the feel of the shifter. The car surprised me with the amount of power it had off the line, but the power noticably diminishes the faster you go. I am getting about 35 MPG, so I am very happy with that. I also like the Aux input for the stereo. The system sounds good, too. I highly recomend it.

Most modern compact car in the market
By yortch on 11/09/05 09:23 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda and I can really feel the build quality and the handling of the car is superior to others. Fuel economy has been around 28 mpg in city, but excellent on the highway. This was a smooth transition from a manual transmission, because this is also a 5- speed transmission and I like the way shifting works, I was surprised with the downshifting specially. I do have to say I was a bit unlucky and mine had a couple minor factory defects: headlights on reminder not working and driver door needed to be adjusted. Despite this, I have no regrets about buying this car. I strongly recommend it.

Absolutely Perfect
By Mike C on 11/07/05 13:21 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I come from a ten Honda family. My parents have 2005 models of the Accord and Oddyssey. I've driven 3 Civics before, and this one bypasses them all. Excellent maneuverability, gas mileage and acceleration make this car a pleasure to take on my long weekend trips to visit my girlfriend. The stock sound system is great, and the MP3 capabilities give a whole new meaning to the words "Mix CD". You also would not expect such comfort for a car of this size, and being used to a '93 LeSabre, I am very happy with the head and legroom that the Civic provides. The standard safety features also provide a peace of mind when on the road.

Best Civic YET!
By Tina on 11/05/05 18:47 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is sleek and so fun to drive- It feels like much more than a civic with all of the accesories built in!Its peppy, quiet, easy to manuever and beautiful in and out-Its very stylish and comfy

Honda Hits Home run with Civic
By Evan Wagner on 11/05/05 14:03 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great commuter car for 2 people, I wouldn't want to spend much time in the back seat. 42.2 mpg on my 2nd tank on the interstate. At 75mph the engine turns only 2500rpm and is pretty quiet - it's a Civic, not a Mercedes. Cool redesign put it at the top of my list which included Toyota, Hyundai, VW and Scion. Vision out the right side and back isin't great.. The 2 tier instrument panel is fine. Engine is pretty peppy considering the gas mileage plus the automatic transmission is very smooth.. They'll sell every one they can make.

Gas saving fun!
By jbdnews on 11/04/05 22:15 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is the 5th Civic I have owned over the past 20 years and the best one yet! I started out looking for a 35 MPG car and found one almost as fun to drive as the Miata I once owned! The smooth, quite acceleration, handling, and futuristic interior combined with fuel economy make this a great choice for under $19,000. Some parts a bit flimsy... interior door panels, rear seat construction, hard plastic dash top. Otherwise a great commuter that will make want to take the back roads on the way home!

Not what I expected
By Mitch B on 11/03/05 21:27 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the car for 2 days and 300 miles. I want to bring it back! Drivers seat extremely uncomfortable. Cabin noise excessive at highway speed. Doors and trunk do not close easily. Speedometer distracting. Radio sounds as if I'm under water. Headlights are weak. Driving off the dealer lot a loud rattle in the dash stared as well as the airbag warning light coming on. I had much higher expectations for this car.

Is this really a Civic?
By chill5466 on 11/01/05 14:11 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Wow! What a car!! Has the feel and look of a sports car and the price tag of an economy car. I am 6'3 and have plenty of room (head and leg) and could not fit in the Mazda 3. The car handles well and has plenty of pick up for its size. Navigation and XM are great. Fuel economy speaks for itself. This car is a blast to drive. I tested many and still cant believe this is a Civic!! This car turns heads with its new styling and people have commented that it doesnt look like a Honda. I dumped a Nissan Pathfinder for this and have no regrets.