Used 2006 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great mpg - lacking on weight
By Ruth Mixon

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

For the most part, the Honda Civic LX has been a fun car to drive, great mpg, 30-33 in town and 40-44 on highway. Almost as good as my motorcycle. Driving in windy and snow conditions can be tricky so slower speeds are the answer to keeping it in total control. If going on long distances in the winter, be prepared to drive 10 mph lower than other cars. Windy conditions can make you hold on pretty tightly. Light on the rear end makes snow driving a big hairy. The bucket seats can be a bit uncomfortable on long distance driving. Otherwise, it's a great car and a money saver.

Favorite Features

Easy to park, lots of windows makes it easier to drive and see around you, great on gas. Love the digital speedometer.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable bucket seats and more lumbar support are my major areas of concern.

Great Car, Great Experience
By Laura B

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I had this car for almost 3 years and loved it. We drove it mostly on the hwy out in the country where we live. It survived the tough Iowa winters with no problem. Never had trouble starting on the coldest days. Only things we did for it was take it in for reg. maintenance and oil changes/tire rotations. Put 80,000 miles on it w/no problems. Fell even more in love w/this car after husband landed upside down in a ditch and walked away from the accident. Very safe, reliable car with great gas mileage. We averaged 40 mpg year round, w/ mostly highway miles. Could be roomier, but is surprisingly roomy for such a small car. However, it is light and can blow around a bit in Iowa's strong winds.

Favorite Features

Digital speedometer, dash design, intermittent windshield wipers, roomier than it looks, aerodynamic design, roomy trunk for little car, excellent handling, surprisingly good speaker system, well made, reliable, safe.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of.

53,000 'BUMPY' miles
By jmart

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had my CIVIC LX for 28 months/ 53,000 miles on odometer. As mentioned in my previous entries the car still rides roughly even on new tires. Rattles in dash, rear deck area. WHY does this car have SO MUCH ROAD NOISE? Clunky transmission-still-now has a new 'whine' to it. Still gets approx 34 MPG, though. KBB, NADA, Black Book value ahead of my pay off. I'm proud of that. Thinking of 09 Corolla.

Favorite Features

Resale value

Suggested Improvements

Better ride, more cabin insulation, fewer rattles, ditch the 5 sp auto-go back to 4 sp auto.

What a disappointment.
By Sergio

2006 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car responds quickly and smoothly on start but after 80 mph the speedometer rises too slowly especially when the car is full. But that' just the beginning. The driver's window came out of frame after about 1.5k miles. Later the interior started to fall apart small plastic pieces in the front corner popped out. After 20k miles front brakes came apart, battery was replaced, the starter and the alternator followed by the ignition key was giving problems. I didn't recognize it. I replaced cpu. The trunk lock broke at like 200 miles of use and the back seat open handle broke off easily. the exterior plastic started 2 fall off recently pins that hold them came out.

Favorite Features

the dealer fixed almost everything other than that i like the gas mileage that's it. i live in a big city this car was not made for it. It has too many potholes and the road is a disaster a cheap car cannot make it through starts falling apart

Suggested Improvements

needs to be redesigned

My Civic
By Melchr

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I must share performance of this vehicle. I drive 108 miles back and forth each day from New Braunfels to Austin TX. I average ~70 Mile MPH and I get GREAT mileage. Today I filled up with 10.1 gallons and drove 418.9 miles which equals 41.47 MPG. This is in 100+ degree with aircon on. You talk about hybrids, this vehicle beats them when you compare cost over performance. I do not understand why Honda does not push this car?

Favorite Features

Fuel econ, reliability, and fun to drive, interior layout. I have driven this car 65,000 miles and it never missed a beat

Suggested Improvements

leather seats, Xeno lights, Michelin tires