2006 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Love It!!
By Melissa on 01/14/07 13:03 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I LOVE THIS CAR! I had a VW Jetta, it got totaled so I took my insurance money and bought this car. Worth every penny! I think the front of this car is a little weird looking but looking at it from the side and back I think it is a real good looking car. The navigation system is on point and really easy to use, coming from someone who is very electronic illiterate. For a 21 year old girl the sound system is amazing, this whole car is wonderful

Undecided
By undecided on 01/11/07 11:44 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I did a ton of research before buynig my new Civic. I love the features, the smooth shifting, the look of the car, and how it drives. Unfortunately, my new car has not been reliable. In the first 3 months I have had to repair my vehicles brakes, replaced the power steering assembly, and due to a faulty grounding wire, I've been stranded on a busy freeway with a completely shut down car. I purchased a Honda for reliability above all else. My story isn't a typical one, but I post it here in case it helps other people. Other than the continuous repairs, I am very happy with my purchase. All repairs have been covered by warentee, but I would have prefered the car to be realiable.

Best Owned Car
By Allen on 01/08/07 09:47 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned a Toyota, two VW's, and now two Civics, and this is by far the best car I've owned. From its superb gas mileage, to its non-dated styling, this car takes the cake any day. Requires 87 octane and is certainly not a sports car, but the gas mileage is absolutely fabulous. Somehow, I can't stray from 34-36 mpg regardless of how i drive.

don`t buy
By michelle on 01/02/07 16:02 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

my vehicle has been in the shop 11 times since april and it still isn`t fixed between the motor mount, steering fluid leak.....on and on problems

Not my dream car- updated from 8/06
By Myfirsthonda on 01/01/07 11:14 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My 1st Honda-after 7mo, I like even less. Car struggles to change gears-told not fixable-electronic transmission. Learn to live with it. RPM's get stuck too high. If driving on bumpy road-car feels like it is thrown sideways out of control-especially on highway over 55 mph,-scary. If past miles the maint.minder scheduled oil change,each time car's started it blinks with the # of miles you're in arrears until you reset it until oil's changed.(Maint. light on dash is enough).Driver's window now squeaks with window up/down.Brakes squeal with stop in rain.Car rattles like a car I drove over 90,000 mi.For all the Honda hype, I'm sorry I traded in my old car. What did people drive b4 rating this car a 10?

Nice Drive
By Jorge on 12/21/06 16:51 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car... is really fun to drive and easy in the traffic. I'd buy it again.

I expected better
By jmartin on 12/19/06 05:29 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car after EXTENSIVE research. Used primarily as a commuter vehicle to work.It does live up to it's mileage promise (average 33-40mpg) It,however, lacks passing power-the price you pay for economy. Has a dash rattle, lacks enough cup holders, road noise is HORRENDOUS on anything but smooth pavement. Hope the 07s are a little more refined.

Mice
By nosarb on 12/16/06 07:22 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car except for the mice/mouse nests. Dealer would not put screen over air input area. Mice are sure to re-enter as they have before. Dealer called mice material hazardous material. I guess it's o.k. for me to breathe the air from the mice nests, feces, etc. Come on Honda, get 'er done.

2006 Civic EX
By Randy on 12/05/06 23:12 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The civic has poor visibility, is uncomfortable, and seems to have air conditioning problems which the dealer has been unable to diagnose.

A Super Car
By Tom Melchior on 11/29/06 12:55 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first car I owned where the gas mileage sticker was true. I have gotten over 43 MPG on Texas interstate Hwy and mid to upper 30's city. Style, comfort and ride is super and it's fun to drive

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.