2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I love my new hybrid!
By Sulako on 06/16/06 06:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my 2006 civic recently and I think it's great. It sips gas, it's zippy and I enjoy the small refinements Honda has made since my 2003 30th anniversary edition Civic. I never get tired of watching the engine tach go to zero when I come to a stop, and I have had no problems with any of my previous Civics, so I'm expecting the same with this one. The only thing I'd like to see is the GPS package available in Canada - it's not even an option, which is too bad cause I would have gotten one for sure.

Love this car!
By lindoug on 06/13/06 14:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have this car for two weeks. First tank of gas I averaged 45 MPG. The odometer right in front of my face reminds me to take it easy when I drive. I was doing too many jack-rabbit starts and always trying to get ahead of the other guy which wasted fuel. The MPG gauge and the odometer keep me from my bad driving habit so now I am saving money. Plenty of pep for the highway and handles very well. Very comfortable, everything is in easy reach, cup holders, radio, climate control. I have mapped out two trips with the navigation and it was right on the money with directions. Want to know where the neareset chinese restaurant is? Just say nearest chinese restaurant and several are displayed.

Wonderful Auto
By Delphia on 06/08/06 14:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car! I am getting about 50 MPG driving hilly rural Northern AZ. I will say I have slowed down and try not to exceed 58 MPH. I am learning to drive all over again and find that getting a higher MPG has become a fun challenge. The car is beautiful.

Fun, Peppy and Attractive
By Susan on 06/08/06 12:22 PM (PDT)

Overall the Honda Hybrid is a terrific car, especially for people who have forgotten that driving can be fun. It should be driven by many more folks, because currently, I get all the attention on the highway.

Great economy
By yolie on 06/06/06 08:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I travel 80 miles a day to work and this car gets very good gas mileage of 40 to 48 mpg. I am also able to use the car pool lane which is great advantage and time saver.

Along for the Ride
By John O'Leary on 06/03/06 05:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I originally purchased the vehicle strictly for use in the car pool lane for my 56 mile each way drive from LAX to ONT airports. The 112 roundtrip miles per day I thought would be painful at best. However, the acceleration, performance and sports car handling is makes the drive exciting and fun. I have blue tooth technology for hands free conversation and an iPod connection that allows me to set the mood for the morning and evening commute. I'm extremely satisfied with the car. Oh yes, the gas mileage is great too.

A Great Car to Drive
By Steve on 06/01/06 08:21 AM (PDT)

I bought my Civic Hybrid in January of 2006 and have been thoroughly impressed. Since the Spring, I have been averaging 50 mpg, which is a good mix of city/traffic and highway miles. I also have the navigation system and find it invaluable. This car is great.

8,500 Miles and Still Smiling
By LSkvir on 05/26/06 19:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Now that I've driven my Civic hybrid for four months, I am even more sold than when I gave my opinion just after I bought it. This is a great little car. For my last four tanks of gas I have averaged a shade under 55mpg. My best mileage was 57.04. It is good fun to try to squeeze out every last mpg. Am I smug? You bet. It feels good to be doing the right thing.

Safest Hybrid on the Road
By Jon Allen on 05/26/06 07:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven Zip Car share vehicles since 2000, and so I knew well my options. The Prius was a perfectly nice car to drive, but I couldn't avoid noticing that it is dangerous to backup without making a sound, and the car is narrow and without great crash performance. The Civic Hybrid, on the other hand, is just like a regular Civic, only the gas engine can stay below 1500 RPM without lugging, a truly impressive feeling when you are averaging over 47 MPG in stop and go traffic. I would not reccommend it for anyone who mostly drives on the highway, but then, that is not what any hybrid does well, unless you can plug it in to a cheaper and/or cleaner energy source.

Good, better, best...
By Aussiedave on 05/26/06 04:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My previous car was a 2005 Honda Accord 2.4l 4cyl. A beautiful car. I must admit a degree of trepidation in the purchase of my first Hybrid. All my fears were allayed. This is a perfect mix of economy, comfort and performance... in that order. Straight out of the box I got 50mpg without even trying in the worst bumper to bumper traffic on earth. I have a 60 mile round trip to work. With a mix of city and clogged higway travel. Just love those gauges. It really does "teach" you how to drive for economy. I like the way it looks like a standard Civic.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.