2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Value
By shelbymustang87 on 10/08/06 17:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my Black/Tan EX Coupe for about a month now and I LOVE it! The car was my second and a wonderful gift from my parents. We looked at others including the Scion TC but when it came to reliabilty, gas, price, and selling price we opted for the honda. In response to a previous post the 2007 black civics are now available with a choice of black or gray interior. The taffeta white is the only exterior color available with tan interior for the 2007 models. So, for those of us (like me) with black exterior and tan interior the value should only increase. Overall, this car is wonderful and I am planning on it lasting me for college and beyond. p.s. my gas mileage is 24 without flooring it

A car with a bunch of problems
By Jon on 10/04/06 18:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in November 2005. Then,i had to have the SRS airbag sensor replaced. The dealer didnt fix it the first time! the car rattles like crazy. I had panels pop off the side airbag, on passenger seat and "repopped in" my glovebox had to be replaced. The alignment is way off and sterring wheel is not straight,after months of ownership the interior looks like its 10+ years old already,cheap interior pieces and plastics,prone to scratching and damage easy. When you press the gas all the way the car doesnt move!! its weak. I cant see the front of the car or the hood when driving. Drive by wire makes the car jerk, and takes away the enjoyment of driving.

attention to detail?
By rupnok on 10/03/06 08:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Overall I'm impressed with this litte car. mileage and styling are impressive. as a commuter vehicle it works well, however there are some things that I'm surprised Honda let slip by. The AT seems to upshift too soon, and often has to downshift almost immediately. I wonder how this is gonna hold up after 50-100K miles. The seats are uncomfortable for trips >2 hours. The interior plastic around the center console is so soft that it can be scratched with a fingernail. The rubberized plastic on the upper part of the doors picks up dirt constantly and the lower hard plastic scuffs easily. Lastly there are several different rattles in the dash depending on the temperature.

Simply awesome
By DefensorFortis on 09/30/06 15:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have only owned my Honda Civic EX Coupe for two months and I LOVE IT!! I drove it so much in the past 60 days that I have already accumulated 4,000 miles. My average mileage has been 31 mpg for city and about 35 mpg on the highway (75mph).

Bogus gas ratings
By AC on 09/28/06 09:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have some issues with the car. The sub rattles the interior, water comes in the door panels, and the sun visor broke. 30 mpg city and 40 highways? I only avg 27 mpg and I drive normal. I do like the feel of the car and drives very nice but very disappointed with the overall quality of the car and the gas mileage. My ford Taurus with 67,000 miles had no issues.

Nice coupe
By Colorado on 09/23/06 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have the car for about 6 months now. Not many complaints at all. The biggest one is that the I still can not find a seating position that is 100% comfortable. I am 6ft tall and whatever seat position I adjust to, it feels not really comfy. Getting good gas milage (32-35mpg). No problems so far.

Sweet Ride
By Sweet Ride on 09/23/06 08:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car for my wife and she loves it. I drove it and I love it. Dash makes you feel like you are in a mid to large car. Gets great gas mileage as long as you don't floor it after every stop (35 mpg city). Have 4000 miles on it and still doesn't need oil change. It has an Oil Life % meter and it tells you when the oil needs changed (mine still has 40% life left). Get lots of looks while driving around and had at least 5 people ask about it while filling up on gas. Not much to add on the EX model except tinted windows and the KARR security system feature. The money I save on gas in this car (compared to last car) pays half my car payment.

A Sporty & fuel efficient alternative!
By Loving06Civic on 09/22/06 02:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Pleasant car to drive, tight suspension and handles nice. With a 50 mile round trip commute it's pretty comfortable for a large stocky 6+ ft male. Not seeing the hood takes a bit getting used too but my last honda was similar. Overall this car is very fun to drive and cruise around town. Love the sporty exterior thats not plain looking. Great car as you come to expect from Honda.!! Recommend.

Great Car
By Bill on 09/17/06 17:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my honda civic. The ride is very smooth. The gas mileage is wonderful ( 30 town / 40 highway). This car is very fun to drive around town. The ex is worth the extra money to get get all the extra options. Honda is the most reliable car I have ever owned. I traded this honda for a bmw, then went and got my honda back.

outstanding!
By Xena on 09/07/06 21:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I originally looked at this vehicle because of the ever rising gas prices. After test driving one I fell in love with it. What is better than high gas mileage, futuristic styling, solid reliability, comfortable and fun to drive?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.