Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Good but overated
By Fuad

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very good looking but the interior quality is rather questionable. Lots of cheap interior plastic makes the interior fragile. The gas mileage is pretty good and the power is adequate. I have a K&N cold air intake system and it helps.I actually had many complements about its looks. Its comfortable on long trips and is fun to drive. If you live in an area with many many potholes, I don't recommend you get this car because it will not take them without a flat tire or other damages.The rear visibility is an issue that you have to deal with if you intend to buy the coupe. I wish I waited a bit longer for a Mazda 3.

Engine is efficient and powerful enough. Great looks. Fun to drive. Short throw shifter. Big trunk. Low maintenance (unless you hit a pothole). 4 wheel ABS disks, standard side airbags, sound system, sunroof. Very maneuverable. snappy transmission and acceleration.

Interior quality! rear visibility.Needs electronic stability. Make the suspension a little bit tougher. Increase headroom (especially in the rear seats).

Quite Happy
By Reeb

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car slightly used. I went from a 99 Civic Hatchback and proceeded through a difficult decision process and chose this coupe. Factors and thoughts: I am 33 and live in LA. I think the FIT is the perfect car, but test drove one and considered it strangely a step DOWN from my 99 Civic. Horrible crisis. Also considered: Mazda 3 hatch (family car), Mini Cooper (too hip, limited, expensive and faulty), Scions (too young for me), VW Rabbit (just boring), Prius (boring and expensive). I think that I made the best choice of the available cars. Comments: fun to drive, handling tight, build quality is great, the seats are VERY comfortable, acceleration is astoundingly smooth.

Remember I am coming from a DX hatchback. The seats are very comfortable. The windshield is so huge I am noticing the tops of buildings. Trunk seems spacious to me, compared to my old Civic. At times, I feel like I am driving an X-Wing Fighter. And I am not a Honda employee writing this.

Not much. I like the smoothness of the drive, from the driving and the acceleration is quite exceptional. The car strangely feels huge compared to my 99 hatch. I did see a FIT on the highway this morning and thought, oh did I make the right choice? So I opened the moon roof and felt better.

great looking economical car
By mike fleming

2006 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car. comfortable, reliable, 40 mpg, good looking, quiet, good in snow.

styling, gas mileage, good power, quiet, comfortable, plenty of room to haul stuff with the back seat folded down

windshield wipers are a little noisy, they clunk. Pretty trivial complaint

Well Balanced
By Well Balance car

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I brought it use with only 5000 miles on it. I was just looking for a 2nd car for work only because I drive about 100 miles a day. But I found more than that in the civic. I'm getting average around 36 mpg. This car is fun for daily driving. I drive through downtown and interstate. the feel is great, steering is very responsive. The road noise is a little more than I like, but with the Navi with the 350 watts stereo. What road noise. I love the forward look and size of the windshield, but it does pick up everything including rock form cars ahead. Had to replace the windshield once already. This is a great car and with the price tag, that just make it a greater car. Love it

interior design, navi system, moon roof, steering response, the look and style

road noise, bigger standard motor.

Two Years and No Complaints!
By Nicole

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the Civic for over two years now and I think it's a great car. It gets excellent gas mileage I get 32mpg city and if I do a lot of highway I get about 38mpg, I have gotten 400 miles to a tank. It feels like a well made car and I think for the price it is an excellent car that will last a long time, I'm planning on driving it into the ground. My only small complaint is it is not very good in the snow, but I would rather have that a few times a year than have to pay out the rear for a gas guzzling SUV. It's a sporty fun little car that gets alot of looks and is fun to drive!

Looks great, love the sunroof and the digital tier, dashboard looks sweet at night when it's all lit up, love how you can put your own little message in the radio display. Gas mileage! Solid little Honda

Some real good snow tires would help. Stock XM radio would have been great!