Used 2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great car for the money
By Fellcolor

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Definitely the fastest base model civic, and a real charm to drive. I put over 90,000 miles on the car in less than four years, from NYC at Friday commute to the length of Highway 1, and hour upon hour in Chicago rush hour. I had no regrets, and am not convinced that my new car will be as reliable over the next year as this car would be. The cabin is spacious and ergonomic. The speedometer is well placed and sufficiently easy to read that it becomes second nature. Visibility is certainly good enough. There are a lot of things that annoy me about this car, but it took a lot of thought and substantially more money to replace the car after years of hard use.

Favorite Features

Performance and core reliability are fantastic on the manual transmission coupe. The front cabin is spacious and quite ergonomic.

Suggested Improvements

Gear ratios in the manual are a bit off. 1st is short for stop and go traffic, 5th is too tall for cruising. The bumpers show abuse terribly. Cabin materials are unpleasantly cheap and scratch easily. The trunk doesn't work well for large objects, and the rear-seat passthrough is obstructed.

Best in the West
By Bill

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have 116,000 on this car I bought in late 2005. It gets 50-52 MPG mostly freeway. I have had not a trouble with it, great car!

Tire Wear, Water Pump Bolts 2X, Brakes
By Cathy

2006 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have enjoyed driving car. Work done on car includes: towed twice to dealership for defective water pump bolt working into belts. Excessive tire wear. Replaced rear brakes. Droopy sun visors-what a pain-even though replaced once. Other than that regular oil change and tire rotation is all had to do. Get approximately 38 mpg in winter, 30 in summertime in Texas.

Favorite Features

fun to drive, sporty appearance

Suggested Improvements

better tire wear, bolt problem, visor vendor quality issue.

I still have fun driving this car!
By Adamk911

2006 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2006 Honda Civic in 2006 right after the new body style came out. I had 2 cars breaking down traded them both in for my Civic. Except for normal maintenance I have had no problems with the car at all. I still have fun driving it! This is an excellent gas miles car as well average 38 on the hwy and 32 in the city. I am a Honda fan for life I just purchased a 2009 Ridgeline cause I love that truck. My Honda Civic will be with me until it dies and maybe even after it does.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, fast, fuel economy, comfort, reliability has never let me down.

Suggested Improvements

The blind spots were a problem at first but as long as you actually turn your head while merging there isn't a problem.

Spaceship or Car?
By allison88

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased used in Oct 09- Have loved it. I agree blind spots are a problem until you get used to them- took me about 2 months. It handled fine in the snow and hills of Pittsburgh. Standard tires were not great in the snow (and by snow I mean 2 feet) so I bought snow tires and didn't have any problem driving through unplowed streets! I love the sunroof, really makes up for the small windows in the backseat. Seats are really comfortable.

Favorite Features

The stereo- have had so many people tell me what great sound it has! The aux cable for my ipod is awesome! Really love the design of the car. Love the tight steering and it is quieter than 4dr civics.

Suggested Improvements

Would love a "seek" button on the steering wheel- where it is is a pain to reach over while driving, but I'm picky. Also I wish the drivers seat would go back to the same position after you fold it forward to get in the back. As it is the passenger side does, but driver side has to adjust back.