2006 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 8

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
The Ultimate in Affordability
By Geezyss on 12/04/08 01:20 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car when oil prices were skyrocketing and cannot believe how much it saved me! I was driving a 2005 Pontiac GP and only got 22 mpg on average. I get about 35 mpg with my Honda! My best tank was 43.2. My worst tank (on purpose) was 29.7. I just wish it was a 6 speed. I would like to see how much better I can get on the highway cruising at 1800-2000 RPMs instead of 3000. It is so much fun driving this beast. The new 1.8L engine purrs wonderfully. It can really get up and go fast. The new two-tier dash is pretty slick looking. I can always just see how fast I am going without taking my eyes off the road, which is nice without a cruise control feature. You will not be disappointed. :)

Best Suited
By HGP on 11/30/08 12:47 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This automobile meets the vast majority of my needs, town & some highway. Average overall mileage is in the low 40s. The 2 tier dashboard is great, important gauges easily read. Removed rear head rests for improved visibility to the rear.

Forget the Prius
By Clinton70 on 11/03/08 13:00 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is loads cheaper than a Prius and has potential for mileage well into the 40's if you drive right. Also, it's not ugly and dangerous like the Prius. 46.7mpg on one tank on 87 octane on 55mph roads. 42 on interstates. City (lots of 25mph and stop and go)/highway mix was still a respectable 31. Design in and out was fabulous. Power was plenty for a gas saver. Ride was great for an economy car. Regret getting rid of but had a kid on the way and coupe was too small. I probably could have kept it though as the back seat was not small by any means for a coupe.

06 civic Si
By 06sicoupe on 10/16/08 00:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Over all I'm very satisfied with my purchase. Performance, fuel, economy and looks are all up to par on this car. I sold my 04 RSX type S for this and i believe it was a good choice.

Great Car, Great Experience
By Laura B on 10/04/08 03:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I had this car for almost 3 years and loved it. We drove it mostly on the hwy out in the country where we live. It survived the tough Iowa winters with no problem. Never had trouble starting on the coldest days. Only things we did for it was take it in for reg. maintenance and oil changes/tire rotations. Put 80,000 miles on it w/no problems. Fell even more in love w/this car after husband landed upside down in a ditch and walked away from the accident. Very safe, reliable car with great gas mileage. We averaged 40 mpg year round, w/ mostly highway miles. Could be roomier, but is surprisingly roomy for such a small car. However, it is light and can blow around a bit in Iowa's strong winds.

2006 Hybrid Civic
By Rick N on 09/29/08 11:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have put 57,150 on this car and it has met all are expectations. Its handles like a sports car but give us the gas mileage. On all highway trips we get 55 mpg (75 MPH) and with a mix we average 43 mpg per tank. We have kept it dealer maintained getting all services as prescribed in the maintenance chart. If you drive a hybrid you have to learn to drive different then what you do a normal car to maximize the technology. Winter time the mpg only went down 1 mpg with winter tires. The only thing I wish they would re-design is the emergency brake which hits my knee (59). I would also prefer the 5 speed over the automatic if they made them anymore.

'06 Civic EX 2-dr Coupe Best Car
By Kathy on 09/27/08 16:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

OMG! This is the best car I've ever owned! I love it! I'd buy another one; I plan to buy one more before I retire. The ride is smooth, it looks great, fabulous gas mileage. I love this car!

53,000 'BUMPY' miles
By jmart on 09/16/08 19:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had my CIVIC LX for 28 months/ 53,000 miles on odometer. As mentioned in my previous entries the car still rides roughly even on new tires. Rattles in dash, rear deck area. WHY does this car have SO MUCH ROAD NOISE? Clunky transmission-still-now has a new 'whine' to it. Still gets approx 34 MPG, though. KBB, NADA, Black Book value ahead of my pay off. I'm proud of that. Thinking of 09 Corolla.

What a disappointment.
By Sergio on 09/06/08 12:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car responds quickly and smoothly on start but after 80 mph the speedometer rises too slowly especially when the car is full. But that' just the beginning. The driver's window came out of frame after about 1.5k miles. Later the interior started to fall apart small plastic pieces in the front corner popped out. After 20k miles front brakes came apart, battery was replaced, the starter and the alternator followed by the ignition key was giving problems. I didn't recognize it. I replaced cpu. The trunk lock broke at like 200 miles of use and the back seat open handle broke off easily. the exterior plastic started 2 fall off recently pins that hold them came out.

Civic Hybrid is a Solid Saver!
By Dave on 09/01/08 06:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I put my deposit down the week after Katrina seeing the price of gas escalate. I traded my smaller SUV because I'm just more of a frugle type of person. The CivicH (like all hybrids) rewards those that will adapt their driving style to the strengths of the car. It always has power to pass reasonably, you just will pay in average gas mileage if you using the power a lot. No big surprise there. Even in the Northeast my lifetime average mileage is ~50 flat. In winter, it's 42-46 (short drive to work) and in summer it's about 56-58. It has been totally reliable and handles my family of 4 with ease. Just plain an excellent Honda with a gas mileage advantage.