Used 2006 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Sweet little Si
By Jim

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 1st Honda Si in 1987, and loved everything about it. Sold it with over 200,000 miles and the engine was still perfect. The 2006 gives me the same feeling. This engine is the sweetest engine you will find. It loves to rev, and the sound is pure music. Currently have over 3,000 miles on mine and have enjoyed every mile. It's really amazing this day and age that you can find a sporty, well made, did I mention "fun" car for low 20's. You really need to drive one to know what I'm talking about. Kudo's to Honda for making a great car. Jim in Tennessee

Favorite Features

Navi, steering wheel controls. Telescoping steering wheel, 6 speed transmission, engine, looks. Gas mileage, and Honda reliability

Suggested Improvements

None

car of the year
By habaneroSI

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

i was previously driving a Hyundai Tiburon and thought it was a good car. little did I know how great of a car the Si is. i work for honda as a salesman and drive a lot of different cars and feel a lot of different rides. there is no car out there that drives like a honda does. this new Si is one of the best cars on the road when it comes to performance, features, safety, and money saving. this car is extremely fun to drive that doesn't need any modifications to make it fast.

Favorite Features

i love the double level dash, the great high rpm power, and the feel of the VTEC kicking in. it handles like a champ too.

Suggested Improvements

the only thing the car could use is a small 10 lbs. ft. of torque to 149. then the car would be more perfect

great car
By nick

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

this car is a great buy. definitely recommend this car for anyone looking for performance and drivability. by far one of the most fun cars i have ever driven

SI - Surgical Instrument?
By John

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After having my Civic Si for 7 months, I have to say I am in love with this car. (Shallow, I know) Now I wouldn’t call myself an overly aggressive driver, but we’ll just say that I’m not afraid to under steer or over steer a vehicle, with all the tire noise and panicked passenger(s) to boot. I like to power out of corners, or put another way; brake hard, throw in, and punch out. This car excels at this. The helical limited slip puts the power where it’s needed and without a lot a lot of fuss. Strait line weapon? Not sure. But chase it up through five (of six) gears on a Saturday night and the local judge may need to be roused from of bed if you want to go home before Sunday's sunrise.

Favorite Features

iV-TEC, 6-speed, LSD. The sound system is rather nice, too. The controls are laid out well. The wide power band (Hmmm…do I want to use third, fourth, or fifth to round this corner?)

Suggested Improvements

HID lighting. And reduce or eliminate the throttle delay after you take your foot off the gas. (Honda techs suggest that this is for improved performance. I say "learn to shift!") Lastly, I have yet to reach the magical 32 mpg. 31 is my best, and I was very, very careful...

Grat car
By Toby

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is an eye catcher. Every body I know wants my car. Honda really hit the nail on the head with this car.

Favorite Features

It's so hard to choose, really I think every thing is my favorite.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see a 4 door version of the Si go on sale.