Used 2006 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Honda Interior
By Hondared2006

2006 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Major problems with interior and trim, panels on inside of car by roof and window. Honda had to re built a major engine part. When car was 2 years out of warranty. For the most the car is outstanding on gas. Handles and drives great. Lots of room in trunk. Comfortable! I just wish the interior was a little better.

Design, Great on Gas, trunk space, sun roof

interior cheap trim, cheap sun visor

O say can you see?
By carcare

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am surprised that I have not read more about the visibility problems with this car! I only have one bumper left without a scratch. You can not see the front of the car at all and the back is not much better. The car is also very low to the ground making it awkward to get in and out of. I love the gas mileage, the interior design but hate the visibility problem.

Good Buy
By nukeford

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Honda to cut my fuel costs. I had driven pickups for 20 years but the gas savings practically made the car payment. Being 6'1 I was impressed with the way I felt after my regular four hour drive. The car never had any problems except for a coupe of minor recalls. The downside of this car is its weight. You have to really hold on in heavy rain or snow. There have been numerous occasions when the snow buildup in the wheel wells caused some massive front end vibration.If you live in a warm climate this is the best car to get for fuel economy and comfort. If you are a DYI person you will more than likely have to get your trans fluid from the Honda dealer.

Gas mileage 36-42 during warm weather. Blue dash lighting is different. Interior nicely designed. Comfortable for large driver.

A little more room in the wheel well to clear out snow. A few more power ports--one does not cut it in the 21st century.

Just 'OK'
By jmart

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had my 06 for 30 months and 61,000 miles. Only mechanical problems were - broken idle pulley, misaligned window (i.e fell off track). Yes, I average 36-38 mpg. Be prepared to live with: A TON of road noise, poor ride quality, constant shifting 5sp auto, poor power band esp with A/C on, and various (ever changing) rattling (ranging from the right front end to the rear shelf). I guess I expected better - maybe I need to lower ' the bar' of my expectations.

mpg

build quality, ride

Civic snow dilemma
By melekpod

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Honda has been reliable in fair weather and rain, but snow, I find it a problem to get up some of the smallest hills. I bought a manual transmission hoping I would have more control in the snow. I thought it was the tires, so I bought new tires, still have the same problems. Also, I open the window and water seems to pour in on the controls when it's raining and rolling the window down usually has cleared the windows in past vehicles, but it doesn't, seems the like the rubber squeegy is on the wrong side of the window? Had a ford contour w/ no problems in snow.

smooth shifting, has pep, seats are comfortable. It has a good look.

I improve snow driving along with a rain guard over door or rain path from roof to window. Rolling down the windows should wipe rain drops off the window, do something about that.