2006 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Terrific car, handles like a slot-car!
By Michael on 07/05/07 15:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Driven the Civic for 2 months now and find it to be a wonderful car all-around, fuel economy at about 42 mpg at 70 mph with the A/C on! Car still gets looks in parking lots and at stoplights, even had one photographing it while at a rest stop on highway. Young daughter loves to sit in centre of back seat as it has the 3-point belt and she's able to see out the extremely large windshield easily. Car sticks to road with Turanza 55R16 tires and handles like a dream. First "import" I've ever owned and after one ride each with our elderly fathers, they saw how great this car is.

Just OK
By jrmart on 06/24/07 13:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car serves its purpose. A good mileage commuter, and just that only! Lackluster power with A/C on and four on board. You really have to worry about passing on two lane roads. Seats seem hard, even after short trips. 5 speed auto just shifts and shifts and shifts even on /mild/moderate inclines! Blind spots because of weird A pillar and C pillars. Rear shelf rattles. Dash rattles

Best choice I ever made
By rosey24 on 05/02/07 23:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After 1 year of service am still very satisfied with my honda civic. Great fuel efficiency and performance combined. If given another chance, I would buy the same car again and again!

8 month review
By Cargo2 on 04/15/07 12:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned this car for 8 months now with a 50/50 mix of city and highway driving. City/highway MPG averages about 31. No problems whatsover, this car continues to run well and look good. Still very happy I bought this car. This car offers the best all around package.

Brake Problems
By Disappointed on 04/01/07 21:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

2006 Civic LX 4Dr Auto. The car ran and handled well. Gas mileage was a little disappointing because the most I got with a highway/city driving ration of 80/20 was 32 mpg. On average I received about 28-30 mpg. My biggest issue with this vehicle was that I had to replace the front brake pads at 7,700 miles and again at 13,500 miles along. The second time the pads were replaced, the rotors had to be replaced as well. I drove mostly freeway miles and I find this unacceptable. After speaking with American Honda and the dealership (the dealer was excellent), they said I should expect to only get between 8k-10k miles out of each pair. I have since sold the car.

Great, great Car!!
By Joe on 03/16/07 21:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am up to around 5000 miles in only a couple of months and really love this car. Perfect interior layout, good gas mileage (34-36 usually), 10,000 mile oil change, fun to drive and excellent safety rating. We also bought a CRV the same day and have equal sentiments with it.

do not buy that car
By nikcina on 03/03/07 11:00 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I made big mistake when I went to buy a car. I was looking for a car that I like (big mistake). I should look for the car that will have basic purpose: to run trusty without problems. I thought a new car should be trustful and HONDA is that kind of brand but on the first oil change (4500 mi) power steering fluid was leaking (changed hose), drivers door squeaking when weather is wet, when I step on brake I heard click-clack. Then (6000 mi) it was very noise squeaking when I go all the way left (changed p.s. pump). NOW, when the gear is in the drive position I heard noise is like metal hitting metal (on neutral position that sound has gone), I need more time to start engine in the morning...

Fifth Honda, and still getting better!
By Tom J. on 02/15/07 09:14 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since getting my Civic EX in June '06, I have had a few issues with it. Starting at around 50 mph, there is a low whistle heard at the front part of the car. I thought it was the mirrors or the wheels and tires. Took it to dealer (less than 1000 miles at the time), who could not fix the problem. Said they are all like that. Not a good answer. Also, the one-touch up and down switch for the driver's window is WAAAAAAY too sensitive and hard to regulate. I'm going to talk to the dealership to see if they can bypass or switch it out to a "normal" window switch. The car as a whole is screwed together very well. Great fit and finish. Mine is royal blue pearl metallic, with the beige interior.

2006 Honda Civic EX
By CentPADon on 02/10/07 16:14 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We've owned our Honda for one year now, and it never ceases to amaze us how such a frugal car can feel like a much larger sedan! We drove it cross country last summer, and averaged 42 mpg highway miles. It's my wife's daily driver, and she gets about 32 mpg around town. We love this car, and we can't say enough good about it!

Best car I've owned
By Craig, Cincinnati on 01/19/07 10:01 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After 8 months and 11,000 miles, I'm still thrilled with my purchase. It's very simple to drive, all controls are handy and well laid out, it has a nice ride, it has the power when you need it, and it brakes well. Doesn't hurt that it looks good. My only complaint is I'm personally getting lower MPG than advertised (only getting around 26 normally, best was 31 on pure highway). I'm also wondering about the tank size. I've driven it down to the last dot of the gas gauge, had the extra light on announcing low gas for many miles, but when I filled up it only took 10.4 gallons to fill. Where's the other 2.8 gallons this car claims to have (13.2 gallon tank listed)?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.